Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal stiffer?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Besides swapping out the whole clutch for a higher performance, MUCH stiffer sprung setup, using a single mass flywheel, there really is no way to accomplish this.

Even swapping the brake/clutch system fluid for a much more viscous version than our super thin DOT4 LV would probably not make much difference, but you could try that, especially if you need to do this anyway.
(It does not seem like the spring in the pedal assembly can be swapped out, does anyone on here know for sure??)

I do understand what you are speaking of, since unlike almost everyone else on here who came from Honda and the like imports, I came from a latter day muscle car ('00 Z28) with an LS7 clutch installed, and this car's pedal felt like pressing in NOTHING AT ALL as compared to that one's light weight leg press effort, and it was difficult for me to modulate it at first (combined with the whisper quiet factory exhaust).

But I DID eventually get used to it. [wink] [:)]

OP
Ecmdrw5
Thread Starter #4
There has to be a return spring right? I couldn’t find an assembly drawing with on in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
There has to be a return spring right? I couldn’t find an assembly drawing with on in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From others talking about their clutch petal going to the floor and staying there, I would bet there is no clutch return spring

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I hear ya. My Wrx was like a leg press. The FiST? I can almost blow on it 🤣
I once drove a friend's Honda S2000, and then her Accord Coupe (she was cool and only bought MANUALS!), and I was not sure that the clutch was even functioning or not, that pedal was sooo butter soft to push in, as compared to the even factory LS7 clutch setup I had on my f body at that time!