Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal stuck to floor

I went to get into my FiST and found my clutch pedal stuck the ground. I gently lifted it up with my hand and drove it about 10 miles and everything felt normal.

I have been reading about horror stories about the slave cylinder and the transmission needing to be dropped.

Not sure if I should continue to drive the car or have a shop tear into it immediately. The heat index has been over 100 degree the past couple of days, I am not sure if that could have anything to do with it.

Car was just serviced and I had the brake fluid replaced. Drove the car over 300 miles afterwards and everything seemed fine until I got in the car a week later and found the pedal on the ground.

My car is a 2015 with a little over 40k miles so I am outside warranty.

Zormecteon

It WILL happen again. Most likely the slave cylinder. Known to fail. You're gonna have to have it fixed. Do it at your choice of time. Don't let the car strand you somewhere.... inconvenient. Be sure to check the line, especially the O rings near the firewall.

You should also look for leaks under the car, if you see brake fluid between the transfer case and engine.

If it is clutch slave cylinder you should see a leak there. I personally did.

Unfortunately pretty hefty cost if it is, as transmission is coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Someone on a FiST subreddit suggested that its possible that the mechanic could have introduced air into the system when he changed the fluid...would be happy if that is the case

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Lol dropped off the FiST at the mechanic and got a ride from my girlfriend in her Ford Sporttrac and we overheated. Waiting on a tow now. Gotta love Fords!

It WILL happen again. Most likely the slave cylinder. Known to fail. You're gonna have to have it fixed. Do it at your choice of time. Don't let the car strand you somewhere.... inconvenient. Be sure to check the line, especially the O rings near the firewall.
As someone who's slave went out unexpectedly 400 miles into a 500 mile trip, get it changed ASAP.

I bought my Fiesta ST back in April and I had the same problem essentially the same day that I bought it but I wasn't aware that this was an issue for these cars. Anyways, long story short, went back to the dealership and informed them it was either the master or slave cylinder and they assumed it was the latter (I thought it was the former due to the symptoms) after looking it over (they weren't a Ford dealership) and then sent it off to the Ford dealership across the street. The Ford techs determined it was the master cylinder and fixed it. It's been gravy ever since.
Off the top of my head, the slave cylinder is in the tranny and the master cylinder is by the pedals, behind and a bit up. So that was my experience with it. Hope that helps.