Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal switch/ Cruise control

staplenut

Got out on the open road and decided to use the cruise control for the first time and nothing. No light on the dash or anything indicating that it was even trying to function. Local ford dealer has a ridiculous wait so I decided to look for loose connections first before giving into a weekend without wheels so they can do the same. I tugged on a wire that was kinda rattling and pull out a switch that Im guessing is supposed to be attached to the clutch but was just kinda stuffed in the mess of wires doing nothing. Can anybody confirm for me that the clutch has 2 sensors and if so show me the locations or describe for me.

I can confirm how the system normally functions, when you press the cruise control on button no dash light will come on (In other Fords the light will turn amber), when you hit the + button for the speed you want a green light should come on. The cruise control system will need the clutch switch as the system disengages the cruise when you downshift and you have to manually resume the cruise control.

OP
S

staplenut

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I found out the location it twist locks into place. It was certainly no easy task contorting my fat hand and trying to get it in place. It also gave me back my shift arrow back on the dash. I could have used it a week ago driving up to Reno from the bay. I was in 6th gear going the same speed for an hour except for passing the weird people driving to burning man in their recreational pharmacy/art busses.