Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Accesstuner & Lights

OP
SICKESSS-ST

SICKESSS-ST

Thread Starter #21
Those cheapo plug-in HID kits are really crap, if you run an HID kit, be sure to also run an separate direct to battery wire-harness with a fuse, do not follow there plug and play directions to use the stock harness.....

ASK ME HOW I KNOW.....ask me...back in my ricer days.....

Please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with you, my buddy recommended some HID kits he uses, I don't know about the quality so that might be issue, I've always said you get what you pay for, should've listened to my own advice a little more, lesson learned.

I want to keep HIDs so if you know of a good brand please let me know also. Someone recommended HID Guy in San Diego CA.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with you, my buddy recommended some HID kits he uses, I don't know about the quality so that might be issue, I've always said you get what you pay for, should've listened to my own advice a little more, lesson learned.

I want to keep HIDs so if you know of a good brand please let me know also. Someone recommended HID Guy in San Diego CA.
FYI, almost all aftermarket HID kits are made in china by the same 2 or 3 manufacturers and then shipped private labelled with fancy names to the US.

In my misguided youth, I ran a cheapo ebay 55W kit on the stock wiring harness of my E30, no resistors or dedicated harness....lets just say a fire exhaust was used to resolve the situation lol.

As far as recommended brands go, I always liked Xentec or Kensun slim ballasts / kits, I cracked one open and was pleasantly surprised at the water tight sealant goo they used to cover the inside with.

I am an old fart now and don't even mess with any lighting modifications anymore, less blinding the fellow driving in front of me, less attention from the 5-0 [histerical]