Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AP flat foot shifting

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I have to dial up a lil more dampening for spirited driving so the car doesn't dive as bad but you pay the price in a harsher ride if you forget to dial it out again.. Since the LSD install I have bumped it up two clicks in the front as when the Quaife grabs it pulls the car hard in the direction you are going .. So cool

So how should this work I tried this at the Drag strip a couple weeks ago, and it didnt really rev match the revs just jumped up to redline and it was actually slower... any ideas?

Butterybunz

I'm bumping this old thread.

Is there anybody that has been flat foot shifting for awhile now? Wondering about how harsh it is on the clutch/transmission? or is completely safe to do so?

Maybe someone in here can answer this. I decided to check to make sure the rev limit for FFS worked before going out and banging gears. I was in neutral, but clutch was depressed, mashed gas to the floor. No rev limit. Right to redline (7ish), my AP was blinking all kinds of red lights and crap at me...

Do you think being in neutral overrode the rev limit, or maybe i have a software glitch... I did this as a test to make sure I didn't end up doing a 7+k shift, i've had screwy tunes that didn't do as they were supposed to before...

I guess I should see if launch control works too. I have Cobb's OTS stage 1 91oct v201 map loaded on now. How do I do L.C? I know my on the fly map switching works...

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Maybe someone in here can answer this. I decided to check to make sure the rev limit for FFS worked before going out and banging gears. I was in neutral, but clutch was depressed, mashed gas to the floor. No rev limit. Right to redline (7ish), my AP was blinking all kinds of red lights and crap at me...

Do you think being in neutral overrode the rev limit, or maybe i have a software glitch... I did this as a test to make sure I didn't end up doing a 7+k shift, i've had screwy tunes that didn't do as they were supposed to before...

I guess I should see if launch control works too. I have Cobb's OTS stage 1 91oct v201 map loaded on now. How do I do L.C? I know my on the fly map switching works...
Were you on the right switchable map? I don't use the COBB OTS maps so I'm not sure of how they are set up att, but with my Freektune, I have two separate maps..one with LC and one without for dyno pulls.

ROCKYFiestta

do you have to turn on the ffs on the AP I tried it held it in up to 6k tried it and it didn't work for me so just wondering if I need to turn in on in a menu???

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The flat foot shift rpm in adjustments is the point in which you are able to use flat foot shift in the rpm range. Iirc out of the box its set at 5000 rpm. So 5k and up its on but its a passive thing, no buttons or switches needed. Just make sure tcs is all the way off. . There is no rev limit. The point is the get the shift done as fast as possible without dropping flywheel momentum. Ive used it plenty and its pretty fun. Albeit probably gonna wear out the clutch and dual mass flywheel a bit sooner. Watch your tach when you use it. I think it cuts ignition, but the rev climb is pretty fast and a little scary the first time.

This is how im interpreting how the system works.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Never done this....Look interesting! Heard of it and know I have it but never done it!
Its weird the first couple of times. Ive managed to piss off a few focus St using it and my car doesnt have squat for bolt ons. ( or power really, lol)

do you have to turn on the ffs on the AP I tried it held it in up to 6k tried it and it didn't work for me so just wondering if I need to turn in on in a menu???
Connect your AP to your computer App. It will tell you what slot has FFS in the description bar. Look up Cobb’s videos on their website or read the manual on how to switch slots. Turn TC all the way off, switch to the correct slot, and have fun. Just be safe!