Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB ATR and Tune Ideas/Sharing

Honestly there is no reason to be afraid to tune your own car. I am a bit above average intelligence and I have fixed every tune I got from the best STI tuners. Honestly they are all lazy and incompotent, and you cannot tune a car to my personal satisfaction in 2 hours or 20 hours for that matter. If you are reasonably smart, it isn't hard at all to tune your car better than anyone you pay ever will.

Yup pretty much unless you buy the air stems with the tpms sensors on and reprogram the car to the new valve stems which isn't hard just a extra step I don't want to do right now. Once it throws me the code I'll see if it's in the ATR..
I bought tpms and the ford reset tool for my winter wheels/tires. They sit about 5 feet in front of my car now and i never changed it back to the summer tires sensors. So for the last 2 weeks that has been enough to not set off my tpms light. That or the ecu stores 2 sets of codes, which i doubt.

How much was the ford reset tool? I'm a little confused. So when you put your winter/different wheels on you used the ford reset tool and that was enough for no CEL? Did you purchase the tpms with the wheels like tirerack offers? Thanks

-ry

How much was the ford reset tool? I'm a little confused. So when you put your winter/different wheels on you used the ford reset tool and that was enough for no CEL? Did you purchase the tpms with the wheels like tirerack offers? Thanks

-ry
Yeah tirerack wheel/tire/tpms combo. Ford reset tool from them was like $50, you can possibly get it at a ford dealer cheaper. I have the one that looks like http://www.autopartscheaper.com/Gen...-1A203-A.htm?gclid=CImwjYrU4r0CFQsSMwodCUwAWA

I used this reset cycle to get into the mode where I could use the tool.
If your vehicle has push-button ignition:

1.) Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle’s recommended inflation pressures (found in the owner’s manual on the door placard).

2.) Make sure the ignition button is OFF then press and release the brake pedal

3.) Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once. The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.

4.) Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.

5.) Press and release the brake pedal.

6.) Tap the ignition button once so the vehicle is OFF.

7.) Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once. The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.

8.) Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.

9.) The horn should sound letting you know the vehicle has entered into TPMS relearn mode.

10.) Place the top of the TPMS triggering tool against the sidewall of the driver’s side front tire in the location of the valve stem.

11a.) If using a VT10, hold down the left button of the VT10 triggering tool for 10-15 seconds. The vehicle’s horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.

11b.) If using a VT15, press the left button, wait until the horn sounds, then press the right button to turn the tool off.

11c.) If using a FORDTRIGGER, press the center button. The vehicle’s horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.

12.) Once the horn sounds, move on to the passenger side front tire and repeat the process. Each tire should only take 30 seconds or less.

13.) After the passenger side front tire has been learned, continue on to the passenger side rear tire and finishing with the driver’s side rear tire.

14.) You may now turn the ignition to OFF. If the horn does not sound, the sensors were learned successfully. If the horn sounds twice, then the process must be repeated because there was a malfunction.

I had to keep going through the on/off pattern cause i did it wrong the first time, but worked on the second try through.

But yeah since then, my winter tires are just out in the garage. in front of my car keeping my tpms happy, cause i never switched the ecu back over to read the summer tires sensors and i still don't have a light. So its possible to believe you may be able to get away without tpms sensors and a light if you don't drive far enough to force a tpms light. There is generally a window for how long you can go without the car being in range of the sensors, and its apparently fairly long time in case of the ST.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Cool . I loaded my 93 tune in and forgot to reset the lc from std where COBB sets it for whatever reason .. Scared me when it didn't bounce off the rev limiter till 6600 lol good thing I eased up slow lol. Went back and set it to a sane 4500 or so ..

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
Which code did you uncheck ? I had a p0420 pop up once but I cleared it and it has not returned . Think it was cuz I forgot to plug in a sensor and it took a bit to clean up .

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
Ok and you are catless dp ? On my phone so I'm lazy :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Would it be easier to share files if we allowed the tunes to be uploaded to the forum?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I agree Colin. We're just giving people an easier outlet for members to upload their tune and share it with others.

Anyone know what's the Cobb tune file extension?