Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Fiesta ST Rear Motor Mount: Now IN STOCK at ModBargains!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Just got my rear mount in the mail. Great service by ModBargains and super fast shipping. Can't wait to get it installed!

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Just got my rear mount in the mail. Great service by ModBargains and super fast shipping. Can't wait to get it installed!
It is shockingly easy to install once you get the car in the air. You'll need a 13mm, a ratchet and that's about it... You can do it in WELL UNDER 15m.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Cool. I just got the Cobb shift knob too and love it. I love the new height and I can feel each gear so much better. Definitely a great update.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
I liked the Cobb Knob too, it certainly did help make my shifts more positive and precise. But the texture of the metal bugged the hell out of me so I put it back in the box after a week even though my shift action/accuracy was much better. It sounds clunky as hell the way I've written it here but what I am trying to express is that the mechanical movement of my arm whilst shifting was improved by using this part. Yay ergonomics.

I am sure this is personal preference as my buddy has the knob in his FOST and loves it. It's the same friggin part.

Feel is very important, and much like sound, it's going to be very much "personal preference" with a shift knob.

I'll tell you what though you'll love that friggin RMM - I could never go back to stock now.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
It's going to take some getting used to for me also, the texture. But I love the shifts too much to put the stock one back on. I was looking at Boomba knob too, but I wanted to see how Cobb's was first.

I wish Cobb would make a lightweight leather wrapped knob. Now that I would buy in a heartbeat. And I can't wait for the RMM. Everybody says it's the best mod, besides the AP.