Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB Fiesta ST Rear Motor Mount: Released today!

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I had an embargo on talking about this, but mine just arrived today and I have it in hand.

I'm really excited to shoot the how-to video for these. They look great and the install instructions don't sound hard at all.

What you can count on is that it's now available at ModBargains!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Good stuff Nick, what are they going to be listed for?

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Sorry about the shipping. Just figured out that shipping on these should rate at free. I put $15 as a placeholder til I figured it out. I just changed the listing to reflect that so please refresh your browser. :)

$155 is a bit steep for a RMM. What benefits does the COBB RMM benefit us over the 2J RMM ($59) and the Powerflex RMM ($79)?

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
$155 is a bit steep for a RMM. What benefits does the COBB RMM benefit us over the 2J RMM ($59) and the Powerflex RMM ($79)?
How is it superior to the Powerflex option?
Well for starters, Powerflex is bushings only fitted in your OEM motor mount piece. The COBB part completely replaces the OEM rear motor mount.

and To be honest with you, $155 is still pretty reasonable IMO

How does it compare to the 2JR piece?
I can't tell whether or not the 2J Delrin motor mount insert includes the metal dogbone piece or not, but I can tell you a solid delrin bushing will likely be harsher.
Note the Cobb unit has holes in the larger bushing while the 2JR unit does not. Joe makes some badass stuff, don't get me wrong.

While both will help reduce wheelhop and unwanted engine movement I will bet that the 2JR piece is probably harsher driving, whereas the Cobb unit has been engineered to address the RMM's problems without making driving overly harsh. That and the Cobb piece looks slightly prettier. If I were building an all out racecar I would probably opt for the solid delrin mount but for a commuter like me, I reckon this will be the Goldilocks "Just Right" RMM for street users.

I will let you know how it behaves once I install mine.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
How is it superior to the Powerflex option?
Well for starters, Powerflex is bushings only fitted in your OEM motor mount piece. This part completely replaces the OEM rear motor mount. To be honest with you, $155 is still pretty reasonable IMO

How does it compare to the 2JR piece?
I can't tell whether or not the 2J Delrin motor mount insert includes the metal dogbone piece or not, but I can tell you a solid delrin bushing will likely be harsher.
Note the Cobb unit has holes in the larger bushing while the 2JR unit does not. Joe makes some badass stuff, don't get me wrong.

While both will help reduce wheelhop and unwanted engine movement I will bet that the 2JR piece is probably harsher driving, whereas the Cobb unit has been engineered to address the RMM's problems without making driving overly harsh. That and the Cobb piece looks slightly prettier. If I were building an all out racecar I would probably opt for the solid delrin mount but for a commuter like me, I reckon this will be the Goldilocks "Just Right" RMM for street users.

I will let you know how it behaves once I install mine.
Took the words right out of my mouth, well summed up!