Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb knob vs others

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I'm in the market for a new knob and I just saw Boomba post their weighted knob, and I was just wondering how lightweight (Cobb) vs weighted knobs differ?

And any feedback is appreciated. Especially from people who own either or both. Or just know somebody for that matter. Ha

Well I can tell you not to buy a universal one because it more than likely won't fit.

And the reason I am saying this is because I may or may not have learned this the hard way (Doh).

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Haha, well sorry to hear that but I wasn't planning on going that route. Either Cobb or the Boomba one. I just don't know the pros and cons of each; weighted and lighter.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
The Cobb knobs are about 115g and the Boomba ones are 270g. Some people like the weighted knobs because the throws can be faster and smoother. Lightweight knobs you can feel the gears more.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
That makes sense. Maybe I'll just hold out on that. I wanted to buy them at the same time as the RMM but they do offer free shipping over $50 so it really doesn't matter if I wait or not.

Hopefully the Boomba will come in more colorways.