Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb or mountune

LilJed16

Hello fiST fam, a newbie from DE and I was wondering should I go with mountune or cobb kit? I was thinking of the cobb stage 3 on my 2016 st with 47k miles all original save for a k&n drop in. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get an Cobb Ap3....forget the Stage garbage. Build your own Kit and save yourself a couple hundred dollars. Talk to Ron@whoosh. He will get you setup with a bunch of goodies. Then again I know NOTHING.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I did a blend of parts to go through the stages but just bought stuff from wherever seemed best when i was ready to buy. I have the mountune AP, currently mountune 93 stage 2, with Mountune drop in filter, Intercooler I bought off someone on here, not mountune or Cobb. RMM mountune. Just put the st200 intake on from whoosh. Bought a cat less down pipe from whoosh that I’ll put on this weekend and I’ll go to stage 3.

From what I’ve found, some of these parts, as long as they are from a good supplier don’t matter as much as others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Mountune have very high quality parts, but that comes at an increased cost. And their customer service is pretty lacking in my experience. Cobb have great customer service, and still decently high quality parts too. Whoosh is both, and in my opinion, the best out there. Don't worry about stages, cause it doesn't exactly apply to this car very well. My advice would be to get a street spec RMM from whoosh, either a V1 or V3 FMIC from Whoosh, or a Bravo Alpha FMIC if you think you'll be needing a lot of cooling (ie hybrid or big turbo). You're also gonna want an Accessport too where you can download and use free off the shelf tunes from Cobb which you can use in the meantime. I have a 93 and E30 dizzy tune which I love, but there are also other companies that may suit you better depending on what you're looking for. This would be a good start to maximize your power on the stock turbo, about 230hp if you're FBO (and lucky) on E30 with a definite increase in torque. Induction pieces on this car can make a difference but are only really noticeable when they're all added up, which also increases the cost. Your high flow filter should be good enough for the time being. One thing about Mountune which is nice is that they have a rewards program where you earn points when you buy items. Saved over $100 on a short shift kit (which I highly recommend) when combining points and the holiday deal coupon. Besides that would be stiffer engine and trans mounts, and some suspension pieces (like springs, coilovers, and braces). You can check the used market on Facebook or the forums here to save some cash too. Picked up my Accessport and a mount for about $400. The AP itself is $550 new. Also attached a pic with a loose idea of a stage program from Ron if that helps.

1576950588565.png

Last edited:
screw the stage what ever upgrades. the money is spent on them and the 215 and 230 bs is the exact same as the hybrid turbo I purchased. get a good fmic and the cobb ap and lay waste to the stage whatever boys. jmho. been there tried that.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Been saying this all along....you can do so much more with your money I tell them. But they never learn.....I'm like a stage 36 though.:p