Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb rmm vs powerflex rmm

me32

1000 Post Club
Maybe some pics to compare will help. I have been interested in the cobb version since me Fist is my DD so i dont want to add more NVH

no-pistons

Less cost. If you have the means to press out the old bushings, then I think the power flex is a better deal.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Based on what I saw when I did mine with a other Mfg product the Front one should be fine it is the Rear bushing that is from the factory weak sauce..

So lets objectively look at the differences, not just in performance but based around the price too.

Powerflex has a bushing replacement which we list on our website for $88.99 shipped anywhere in the 48 states.
COBB's RMM isn't just a bushing, it's got the bushing pressed into the actual mount, to make it easier to install for $155 shipped.

We offer free install on the COBB RMM primarily because it's an easier install to do, it takes us about 15-20 minutes. The Powerflex option needs the stock bushing pressed out, and the new bushing pressed in, this takes at least an hour in total. Depending on the labor rate of the shop you bring it to it can be $85/hr (which is what we charge, we're on the lower end of the spectrum), but can go up to $120/hr which isn't too out of the ordinary.

Add that all together and you still get COBB RMM for $155 compared to Powerflex which will cost $173.99-$208.99 depending on the labor rate.

So makes sense to me, go with the COBB RMM which we've sold WAY more of than the powerflex. We've got COBB RMM's in stock ready to ship! If you want to place an order for one, check the link below to bring you to our website to place your order, all I ask is that when you place your order, there's a comments box on the final page of checkout, just write in "Jurrian - FiestaForum.com" so that I know it came from this forum, and we'll process it and have it ship out immediately :)

Cobb 2014 Ford Fiesta Rear Motor Mount

Here's a pic installed:

We uninstalled my stock bushing with a hammer... Lol took 15mins to actully get the insert out after we found the tiny tac weld. And put the 2j insert in with same hammer. I like hammers.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
How is this one compared to the 2J Racing RMM? I'm in the market for one but just don't know which one to get. I've never bought a RMM to be honest.

How is this one compared to the 2J Racing RMM? I'm in the market for one but just don't know which one to get. I've never bought a RMM to be honest.
2JR is a super stiff delrin insert. I recommend the Cobb unit as it's a full RMM swap, no press (or hammer) required! Plus, it's compliant enough for comfortable daily driving.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the feedback. After all the reviews I've read everybody seems to be going with Cobb, so looks like I will be doing the same! Can't wait.

Placing a purchase for the intake, RMM, and shift knob whenever this intake comes out.

HaveBlue83

i had all 3 poly mounts in my focus, and that thing rattled like crazy and shifts were great. I might just have to do the Delrin and have it vibrate a bit but be stiff as hell = power to the ground.

Add that all together and you still get COBB RMM for $155 compared to Powerflex which will cost $173.99-$208.99 depending on the labor rate.
So you included labor on the Powerflex, but shops will apparently install the Cobb for free? That doesn't sound like an apples to apples comparison.

Pressing out a bushing and popping in a new one is about a 5-10 minute job for a shop, and the rest of the work is more or less the same. So you are comparing a 20 minute job to a 30 minute job. So if we really wanted to do a fair comparison; at the extreme shop rate of 120$ per hour:

Cobb = 155$ + 40$ labor = 195$
Powerflex = 85$ + 60$ Labor = 145$

For myself, I would do the work myself and as an enthusiast I own a small press for doing wheel bearings anyway (this is why I know it is a 5-10 minute job), so the Powerflex is a cheaper option by a long shot.

I think the real question is; is there any difference in performance?

Yeah about time someone else realizes the power flex is actually cheaper. I got my black bushing installed for $30 took 20 minutes from pull in to drive out lol

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
So you included labor on the Powerflex, but shops will apparently install the Cobb for free? That doesn't sound like an apples to apples comparison.

Pressing out a bushing and popping in a new one is about a 5-10 minute job for a shop, and the rest of the work is more or less the same. So you are comparing a 20 minute job to a 30 minute job. So if we really wanted to do a fair comparison; at the extreme shop rate of 120$ per hour:

Cobb = 155$ + 40$ labor = 195$
Powerflex = 85$ + 60$ Labor = 145$

For myself, I would do the work myself and as an enthusiast I own a small press for doing wheel bearings anyway (this is why I know it is a 5-10 minute job), so the Powerflex is a cheaper option by a long shot.

I think the real question is; is there any difference in performance?
The COol thing about the Cobb is that you can do it yourself right out of the box. You dontbhave to go to a Press to get it done. Alot of shops are gonna charge you at least an hr to do it. The Cobb allows you to just grab a wrench and be done.

The COol thing about the Cobb is that you can do it yourself right out of the box. You dontbhave to go to a Press to get it done. Alot of shops are gonna charge you at least an hr to do it. The Cobb allows you to just grab a wrench and be done.
You still have to remove the metal bracket that takes a high amount of force to remove and get that lined up again

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
You still have to remove the metal bracket that takes a high amount of force to remove and get that lined up again
Lol your really grasping. A screwdriver is all you need. So Screwdriver and 10 min or take mount to shop to get pressed in come back home and do the samething? Like I said both are gd options but the Cobb option is alot simpler.