Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb rmm vs powerflex rmm

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I am using the Powerflex black bushing. I decided to use the black insert after reading Ghostewhite's assessment of both the yellow and black versions. I really am surprised at the lack of vibration considering the black insert is classed as their race version.
The COBB RMM looks excellent but the cost for me to import one verse buying a Powerflex bush from Aussie dealer is about $240 vs $65. Couldn't justify it, the 170 bucks I saved will be spent on something else (for the ST of course).
I also only replaced the large end bush where most of the movement occurs.

There is one other thing that would sway me to the 2JR, and that is the appearance of being stock. Depending on your dealer, some can get picky about your warranty once they start seeing aftermarket parts. The 2JR wouldn't catch their attention like the Cobb bracket would.

The COol thing about the Cobb is that you can do it yourself right out of the box. You dontbhave to go to a Press to get it done. Alot of shops are gonna charge you at least an hr to do it. The Cobb allows you to just grab a wrench and be done.
Yeah I don't disagree, Cobb makes great products

My point was if you are going to pay somebody to do it, if you add up the overall cost, even with adding in some time for them to press out a bushing the 2JR would be cheaper.

On the flip side, if you do it yourself you can just stop by any shop and they will usually push it out for 20 to 30 bucks. Before I had my small press I used to go over to the Honda dealership which is just down the road from me to get things pressed in/out. Usually they charged 20$ if I bought it in loose.

Comparing a self installation to having somebody else do it isn't an apples to apple comparison IMO.