Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb RMM

I just picked up my FiST Friday and I'm already looking at doing some mods. I'm thinking that before I get a AP or Mountune or any other performance mods I should get a RMM. I've been searching this (and other) forum and it seems the Cobb RMM is the way to go.

Considering I have an extended warranty on my FiST, if I install this RMM what sort of issues might I face warranty wise? I'd really like to get rid of the wheel hop and have my shifts be much tighter. In previous cars I did RMM and it helped tremendously.

Any pros/cons on the Cobb RMM and also what can I expect warranty wise if I have to take the car in for service?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
My suggestion and what I plan to do is talk to your preferred Ford service/dealer and see how they feel about it. If they are by the book they would not like it but should be fair that the RMM would not cause say an electrical issue. If they are okay with it your good.

That said the RMM is about a 20 minute install and so does replacing it with the stock. So use some anti seize when installing it and if you are planning to bring the car for servicing/warranty work jack up the car and replace it. Easy peasy.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
My suggestion and what I plan to do is talk to your preferred Ford service/dealer and see how they feel about it. If they are by the book they would not like it but should be fair that the RMM would not cause say an electrical issue. If they are okay with it your good.

That said the RMM is about a 20 minute install and so does replacing it with the stock. So use some anti seize when installing it and if you are planning to bring the car for servicing/warranty work jack up the car and replace it. Easy peasy.
Sounds like a good plan. Using the anti-seize will really help if I am worried about swapping it out. I think I'm going to order one. I'll talk to my service guy at our Ford dealer and see what his take is on the RMM. Surely he knows that the OEM MM are horrible.

I leased my car back in January and so far I only have the RMM and cobb stage 1. The RMM takes maybe 5 minutes to install once you get the car in the air (or on ramps in my case). I cant see the RMM causing any problems. Heck, Hard 1-2 shifts would cause a loud banging noise before I installed the RMM.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
I just got to work today and after a 35mi trip in stop and go traffic I noticed a lot of wheel hop and engine rock. I seriously need to get this RMM YESTERDAY. It's no fun to drive around feeling like you're in a bumper car with this stock RMM.

I think I'm just going to do it, worry about the warranty later as needed.