Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB Tuning Maps OUT

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
102 didn't have the shifting assist problem, the 103 maps did. So you won't notice a difference between the 102 and 104 map when it comes to that. And being the shift assist was the only thing changed in the map notes, you shouldn't notice any other differences either.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Stage 3 v104 feels really nice, much better then v103 according to my highly collaborated butt sensor when I am not eating Mexican food [bootyshake]

I went from 102-104 this morning, and I didn't notice any significant difference driving to work
The big differences between 102 and 104 are the addition of launch control and flat foot shifting, both of which were added in 103.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I went from 102-104 this morning, and I didn't notice any significant difference driving to work
You shouldn't have. It only added flat foot shifting and launch control.

Shift assist programming was fixed as well. You will notice the RPMs drop faster when you depress the clutch between gears.

iso100

1000 Post Club
102 didn't have the shifting assist problem, the 103 maps did. So you won't notice a difference between the 102 and 104 map when it comes to that. And being the shift assist was the only thing changed in the map notes, you shouldn't notice any other differences either.
I saw the shift assist issue with ALL versions way back to 100.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh really? I didn't notice it until the 103 maps. Maybe I just didn't realize it until somebody brought it up on here. Ha.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Oh really? I didn't notice it until the 103 maps. Maybe I just didn't realize it until somebody brought it up on here. Ha.
That was most likely me. I kept noticing it every time I uninstalled the AP for a dealer visit and enjoyed the stock rev drop. Then I'd flash back again and could measure the rev hang. I pushed the issue with Cobb and then we got the update after Braden did some investigation.

When you shift gears do you hold the clutch in and wait for the rpm to drop on their own? I never sit there and wait for the rpm to drop, I just know where to engage the clutch and it engages smoothly into the next gear. I've always felt like stock tune felt like the rpm dropped artificially and would force a different clutch timing point and the Cobb OTS maps deleted this, wondering if we're talking about the same thing here. Haven't tried to 1.04 Cobb OTS map I'm on a ethanol tune with no shift assist (I think)

I have v104 and now notice the rev hang. Clutch in and it will drop about 750 rpms then pause for a bit then fall. Don't think it had that with v103.
If you just shift like normal the rev it hangs at seems to be about where the next gear would engage.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
You shouldn't be noticing the rev hang in the new tune, 104. Cobb took it at after the complaints about it in the 103 tune.

The revs should drop immediately like they would if it were stock with the new tune.

You shouldn't be noticing the rev hang in the new tune, 104. Cobb took it at after the complaints about it in the 103 tune.

The revs should drop immediately like they would if it were stock with the new tune.
Mine is opposite, fine with 103 hangs with 104. I will reflash when I get a chance to test it further.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yeah, that's different weird. As you see in the map notes for the 104 release it says shift assist adjusted. Just as they did with the 103 beta maps they released in another thread on the forum.