Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Code# P04DB crankcase ventilation sys. Disconected

I need help
have a 2016 fiesta st
I just install 2j racing cai yesterday
Today i got a cel light code is P04DB crankcase ventilation system disconected
I checked the sensor and the hose everything is conected right
What could be wrong?

OP
A
Thread Starter #2
Update
No cel light
But i check for codes on my cobb access port it shows this code
Im on cobb stage 1 of the shelf map
No tune
Will this code damage anything?
Will be able to still pass my inspection?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Show me a pic of your setup. Something might not be connected right.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Update
No cel light
No tune
I was told the stored p04db code was normal for 2jr intake

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Update
No cel light
No tune
Tried contacting 2jr and have never ever gotten a response from them about anything so :shrug: we’re kinda on out own.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Tried contacting 2jr and have never ever gotten a response from them about anything so :shrug: we’re kinda on out own.
Joe's wife always answered the phone for me when I needed, then she would give the phone to Joe.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Joe's wife always answered the phone for me when I needed, then she would give the phone to Joe.
I never tried calling but I have emailed a handful of times and never got anything back. I was hesitant to interrupt their daily business with a call that wasn't critical, but to get zero email response was frustrating. Perhaps they're not an internet-savvy company?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The p04db code is NOT normal. Do you have a check valve close to the engine in the small evap line?

Back when i ran mine i did not have any codes associated with it.

How is your large line to the valve cover set up? If its leaking it will say its disconnected. I had rubber line from the sensor all the way to the intake. ( i got mine used, my guess is the previous owner had the same problems)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The p04db code is NOT normal. Do you have a check valve close to the engine in the small evap line?

Back when i ran mine i did not have any codes associated with it.

How is your large line to the valve cover set up? If its leaking it will say its disconnected. I had rubber line from the sensor all the way to the intake. ( i got mine used, my guess is the previous owner had the same problems)
It doesn't create a CEL (at least for me), it simply creates a stored code p04db.

I just called 2j, left a message asking about the code and left my number for a call back. When I get a response I'll post back here. I let them know that a few of us get it and asked if they could give us a definitive "normal or not". A lot of this would be a non-issue if they had even a basic install guide.

When I get home I'll grab a few pics of how I have mine set up (since I am getting the same thing as OP).
I'm a 2017, OP is a 2016, so we're both newer-style EVAP harnesses.
I have the cobb evap fix thingy, not sure about OP.
My PCV goes from the existing right-angle PCV fitting (had to keep it in the loop due to a sensor not present on earlier cars), behind the engine cover along the firewall, then loops down to the 2j intake. No check-valve in the PCV tract. It didn't come with one and none was mentioned. The evap harness connects to the lower boost pipe, another tube with a check valve, and connects to the smaller nipple on the 2j intake. Personally, I get a lot of oil smell when the car blows off - I would assume we should be running a valve on the PCV instead of it just being open, but I was assuming mine was set up the same as others that do not have issues. Maybe its a 2017 thing pertaining to the little sensor on the PCV.

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I have a 16. I used the whoosh adapter with a check valve in the evap line. And removed the plastic hard tube carefully from the pcv sensor and ran a rubber line to the intake. Ill loom through my album and see if i have a pic.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I have a 16. I used the whoosh adapter with a check valve in the evap line. And removed the plastic hard tube carefully from the pcv sensor and ran a rubber line to the intake. Ill loom through my album and see if i have a pic.
That's what I did, that plastic tube almost looks like it was made to slip off :p - I just used the super long heater hose they send for the PCV line and it works, it just has always had a stored a p04db.

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
That's what I did, that plastic tube almost looks like it was made to slip off :p - I just used the super long heater hose they send for the PCV line and it works, it just has always had a stored a p04db.
That is odd. Does it stay when you reset the KAM?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I wonder if putting some teflon tape on the barbs for the sensor and on the fitting on the intake itself then re installing the hose and clamping it tightly may solve it. You know, it may be just enough to have it leak a little bit and these cars are sensitive as hell.