Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coilovers and cutting a hole in strut tower

Hey, I just wanted to survey the guys with coilovers and see how many of you cut the top of your strut towers to be able to adjust camber on your top plates easily.

I particularly don't want to cut my shock towers, but I wanted to see if any of you saw any issues with doing that? Any issues with rust for those who live near an ocean (like myself).

I didn't cut mine personally.

While I do autocross, and I'm sure being able to adjust camber for events would come in handy, I also don't take it that seriously. When I go in to get an alignment (just installed the coilovers this past weekend) I'll see if I can get them to set it around -1.5* on the front, since I believe that is still within factory spec.

Not to mention, even if you did cut the towers to have access to the camber adjustments, with the towers tucked so far under the cowl, it would be a pain the in ass to adjust it, imo.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did for the ST XTA's. I don't think that you have to for the BC's. I don't think that I'd do it again. Also, if you ever plan to AX at higher than the regional level you'll get placed into SM. At the regional level I just keep the donuts that I cut out to prove that I didn't gain any more adjustment buy making the clearance hole larger. If I ever take the car to nationals I'll have to weld the donuts back in or go nuts and try to SM the car.