Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CollinMB's Clean and Simple Daily

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #21
Heads up to anyone thinking of ordering wheels. If you're looking to order through Levels Performance, be prepared to wait a while to get them. I placed my order a week ago and they finally just sent them. I don't know if they had issues on their end with receiving my order (though it didn't seem like it), if they were waiting to get them back in stock, or are just really busy right now, but that didn't really make a great first impression.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #22
So these showed up yesterday:

even though they took a while to ship, they arrived in a short time, which was nice.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #23
Wheels are mounted:

The fitment is very flush with the fenders and really pulls it together. The tires are a bit stretched, which isn't really my thing, but it's not too bad.

Now the car is complete as far as I wanted to take it, so I'll be moving back to working on the Miata as soon as I am able.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #25
Nope, I noticed that too. I think since the wheels are more flush instead of sunk like the stock wheels and a bit of tire stretch it gives the appearance of being lower.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #26
Alright, it's time to return to this build. The Miata has had some work done to it now and is at a point where I'm happy with it for the time being:

So back to the fiesta. First up, I want to finish up the interior and get the exterior to where I want it before anything else. I'm probably going to wait till my warranty expires before I do any power mods as well just to avoid any potential headaches if anything goes wrong with the car.

First up, I put in an order at Redline Goods for leather front armrests, leather center armrest cover, and a leather shift boot. I may do the rear armrests in the future, but I'm not worried about it right now.

My other plans are as follows:
Lamin-X headlight/taillight tint
Cobb Lowering Springs
Short Shifter

Also, I'm on the hunt for a set of Recaro front and rear seats (front are a higher priority) and really regret not getting them when I bought the car. So if anyone sees a set of front seats with the grey inserts, please let me know!

As for the Recaros... check your local craigslist and scrap yards. Saw a set of blue ones from a FoST on CL the other day.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #29
I've seen a red set on Ebay, craigslist doesn't have anything to offer. I've seen Focus seats on Ebay, but from what I've read, they're wider than the Fiesta Recaros

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #30
Lamin-X ordered, went with the lightest tint besides clear, just want to darken the accents down a bit without having issues with the local authorities. That's probably all I'm going to get for the car this month. Trying to keep my expenses low for a while. Short shifter and lowering springs probably next month.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #31
Alright, update time.

The Lamin-X arrived before the Redline leathers, still waiting on my failure of a post office to deliver.
The films did exactly what I wanted them to, to just give a little bit of extra darkness.

Headlights before:

After:

Tailights before:

After:

And a couple of wide angle shots to get the full picture:

Such a subtle difference, but looks so clean. Your ride looks really good man, congrats.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #34
Thanks guys. The headlights came out really good, but the tail lights are rough around the edges. I might have them redone as some point, but it's not really noticeable until you're up close, so I'm not gonna worry about it.

does it affect nighttime visibility at all? any info on how long term UV ray exposure effects the cover?

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #36
night time visibility difference is negligible. as far as long term exposure, I don't know enough about it. Lamin-X sells a wax/polish that is supposed to prolong the life of the film as well though. If they last for at least a few years, I'll be happy with them. Only issue I've heard so far is the fog light covers drying out from too much heat.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #37
So the Redline leathers finally arrived:

both door armrests (stacked in picture) center armrest, and shift boot.

I went ahead and installed the center armrest today:

Install was fairly straightforward, just used some super glue and stretched it over the armrest and glued down all the edges.

Reinstalling however took a bit more finesse as it takes a little bit of force to get it back on:

The plan is to do the doors over the next few days and do the shift boot some time next month after I get a short shifter adapter and do both at the same time.

Overall, the leather is excellent quality, very soft to the touch and the stitching looks excellent. Definitely would recommend.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=1382]CollinMB[/MENTION] looks good. After hitting the elbow a few times last night on the arm rest and feeling no cushion this does look like it may be something I set as a must do from a maybe.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #39
My arm is the perfect length to rub my just below my elbow against it, which is what motivated me. I'd definitely recommend getting at least the center arm rest.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #40

Got around to installing the armrests this morning. The job wasn't too terribly difficult, just took some time/patience. The driver's side came out great, the passenger side still need some work, which I'll take care of when I get time.

Definitely pleased with the quality and feel of the leather. It's a much nicer surface to rest your arm on while driving.