Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CollinMB's Clean and Simple Daily

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #41
More goodies showed up in the mail yesterday. First up:

No-Pistons dead pedal. Super easy to install

Next up:

Boomba transmission adapter. The install was fairly straightforward, easy enough for anyone to do. As far as the feel, the shifts are more similar to my Miata, which is exactly what I wanted, nice and short.

Finally:

Finished up my installing my Redline Goods shift boot. The interior is done until I can do Recaro seats, which probably won't be for a while.

As far as other mods, lowering springs will probably be purchased and installed next month and then my focus will be shifted back to the Miata probably sometime around mid fall.

OP
CollinMB
Thread Starter #42
So the FiST has left my life and has been traded up for this:

In the two years of ownership and 35,000 miles, the car has:
Nearly overheated on me twice
Had SYNC completely crash on me twice
Had a climate control motor fail
The radio will turn itself off and not come back on without restarting the car on a monthly basis
Finally, the stock seats were ungodly uncomfortable.

Sure, there were some things I could have upgraded to help with cooling and mechanicals, but the constant electrical issues put a really bad taste in my mouth and made me uncomfortable with the car's reliability. Hope everyone else isn't having the same problems. Cheers