Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Compatible Upgrades

I have a friend with a Focus ST, I was curious to know if the Focus ST intake filter will fit into the fiesta ST airbox. Also my friend has a COBB tuner that was married to his Focus. He has unmarried it, will it also work with my fiesta ST. What would I need to do to the tuner for it to work? Looking forward to hearing everyone's answers. Thank you in advance!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
The Accessport will work on your car. You will need to download Fiesta-specific tunes from Cobb’s website.

The filter is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Thank you for that information, I got the COBB AP, I made sure that it was unmarried to my buddy's Focus ST. I have downloaded the AP App on my Mac so I can put tunes onto the AP. With the AP, I have heard horror stories about the Fiesta not starting after a tune is loaded. I have gone through COBB's website and educated myself on the AP and how it works. Are there any tips or tricks that I should know about before I install the AP onto my FiST?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thank you for that information, I got the COBB AP, I made sure that it was unmarried to my buddy's Focus ST. I have downloaded the AP App on my Mac so I can put tunes onto the AP. With the AP, I have heard horror stories about the Fiesta not starting after a tune is loaded. I have gone through COBB's website and educated myself on the AP and how it works. Are there any tips or tricks that I should know about before I install the AP onto my FiST?
I've been heavily involved in the community for a full year and a half and never have heard of a FiST not starting afterward at all... Just make sure to follow the directions when actually installing the AP: and of course allow it to make backup of the stock image hwn it asks and you'll be good to go. But first in the AP Manager, clear the FoST tunes completely and re-download all the free FiST tunes you want from Cobb, but they really aren't very good... For only $75 you can get a great tune from Dizzy (OEM smooth and strong) or Stratified (nice and racey feeling with kind of twitchy throttle) that are FAR better and actually even safer than Cobb's.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
I was looking at Dizzy, I have heard and seen all good things from them on this forum. That will be my next tune purchase. With the COBB tunes, I just want to wake up my FiST a little for now. As far as the COBB AP, I did erase all the tunes that were for the FoST, not sure if I should completely erase the entire AP and install brand new. There are some files that are left on the COBB from the FoST, but there are no tunes for the FoST, just my FiST.

Once I do some more research on intakes and intercoolers, etc. I've got to see what is going to be the best upgrades first, then go in that order. If you, or anyone, has recommendations on other parts that would be great to upgrade first it would be greatly appreciated.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I was looking at Dizzy, I have heard and seen all good things from them on this forum. That will be my next tune purchase. With the COBB tunes, I just want to wake up my FiST a little for now. As far as the COBB AP, I did erase all the tunes that were for the FoST, not sure if I should completely erase the entire AP and install brand new. There are some files that are left on the COBB from the FoST, but there are no tunes for the FoST, just my FiST.

Once I do some more research on intakes and intercoolers, etc. I've got to see what is going to be the best upgrades first, then go in that order. If you, or anyone, has recommendations on other parts that would be great to upgrade first it would be greatly appreciated.
OK ,so there may be datalogs still, no biggie, you can use the drop down in the AP manager and delete all that stuff if you want.. The short advice on hardware mods is that intakes and exhaust add VERY little power, iintakes a bit more torque but surprisingly pretty much nothing from exhaust since our turbo outlet is so small there are no restrictions. Many of us do the symposer delete just so we don't get leaks from that under higher tuned boost levels and while some do expensive exhausts, even a simple muffler to glasspack swap will get you a bit of sound as stock exhaust is almost dangerously quiet after a symposer delete. Also, upgraded DV or BOV to hold boost better, options for low/stock, medium and loud whoosh sounds to choose from with those... But really it's about the tune and any upgraded intercooler with the stock turbo, any of the lower end IC's you see are totally fine for the stock turbo and helps keep charge and even coolant temps down some. I also use a giant over-sized oil filter, that actually helps a pretty good amount in the summer, drops oil tamps a good 15 degrees on really hot days by having more oil to spread the heat and the oil filter itself almost hits the air flaps on the back of the radiator so it acts like a heat sink to dissipate heat. Good luck! You'll love the Dizzy tune, try to get e30 too if at all possible, easiest way to max out your car with no upgrades for now, but you'll want and IC by the summer for sure.