Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Conrod bolt torque settings

Joshdowns

Hi, just ordered new bearings and conrod bolts for MK7.5 ST180.

I just need the torque specs for the bolts, I have tried asking ford themselves but they said they could not give them to me, hoping someone here has the correct torque specs before I go ahead and put them in.

Thanks 🙂

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you are looking for the spec for OEM rods it should be:

Torque :
Stage 1: 18 Nm
Stage 2: 45°
Stage 3: Tighten an additional 45°

Triple step torque, not really a spec number.

Hi, just ordered new bearings and conrod bolts for MK7.5 ST180.

I just need the torque specs for the bolts, I have tried asking ford themselves but they said they could not give them to me, hoping someone here has the correct torque specs before I go ahead and put them in.

Thanks 🙂
Where did you order the parts from? Since Ford don't sell bottom end parts separately.

If you are looking for the spec for OEM rods it should be:

Torque :
Stage 1: 18 Nm
Stage 2: 45°
Stage 3: Tighten an additional 45°

Triple step torque, not really a spec number.
Do you happen to have a link or source for these Torque specs? I am looking at a motor rebuild and would like to know them all.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you happen to have a link or source for these Torque specs? I am looking at a motor rebuild and would like to know them all.
It is in the factory service manual, but its for USDM cars. I'd imagine the mechanical parts have the same specs though.

It is in the factory service manual, but its for USDM cars. I'd imagine the mechanical parts have the same specs though.
Thanks for the reply. I only have part of the service manual not showing the Torque specs. Any pointers to the USDM manual would be very much appreciated. Cheers

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account