Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Contacted billy boat exhaust about their helmholtz mufflers

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Was looking at this https://www.bbexhaust.com/shop/universal-muffler-timbre-cylinder-wmuf-0705/#

I messaged them asking if they make anything that specifically attenuates the range that plagues us with drone, hopefully they reply back.

I’m really surprised there aren’t more mufflers with specific frequency targets - nobody discloses what range they target. Corsa has some quarter wave mufflers but they never replied when I asked about tuning.

I used a billy boat catback on my old audi S5 v8 and it was actually quieter than stock at various rpm (I did select the "stealth" resonated version). It was impressive that they managed to design a straight through system that could do at!

Like many people, I had never even heard of them before. Apparently they are popular with corvette guys.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I used a billy boat catback on my old audi S5 v8 and it was actually quieter than stock at various rpm (I did select the "stealth" resonated version). It was impressive that they managed to design a straight through system that could do at!

Like many people, I had never even heard of them before. Apparently they are popular with corvette guys.
I'd heard of them, I just had never needed a muffler half the weight of the car ;)

Their stuff is BEEFY, like, you could move a muffler from one car to the next for 20-30 years and it'd still be fine.
BUT if the timbre tube thingy works then it's a great option.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I just emailed Bill at Billy Boat directly with my personal engineering data asking him what products he has that'll specifically actively cancel those frequencies.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

...and the f body ones as well [wink]