Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Continuing my sedan ST build here from the new member post. I am not the first.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #161
I applaud you for pushing boundaries I only ever dreamed of while owning my 2019 Fiesta SE
Adapting the wiring was the most time consuming part but everything functions, including the rear camera. There are no warning lights on. I know this has decent low end torque and good mid range power but many times it runs out of steam like I need to shift way sooner then I'm used to. It's gutless over 5k at wot stock. Is this normal? I came from a stage 3 lotus elan and that was like a cat on roller skates. It ripped the tires off all through first and second to the rev limiter but didnt calm down until 3rd and it was just a 1.6 running at 1 bar. Is there a way to tell if the previous owner had an AP on it and it is in Econ mode?

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Adapting the wiring was the most time consuming part but everything functions, including the rear camera. There are no warning lights on. I know this has decent low end torque and good mid range power but many times it runs out of steam like I need to shift way sooner then I'm used to. It's gutless over 5k at wot stock. Is this normal? I came from a stage 3 lotus elan and that was like a cat on roller skates. It ripped the tires off all through first and second to the rev limiter but didnt calm down until 3rd and it was just a 1.6 running at 1 bar. Is there a way to tell if the previous owner had an AP on it and it is in Econ mode?
I feel like the stock turbo kinda dies at higher rpms. My flash tunes from dizzy help though. From what I've read, if you want power high in the rpm range, you'll have to go hybrid turbo or S280.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #166
Yeah you’ll be shifting around 5500 on stock turbo before it runs low on power.
I do love the midrange power but I'm used to the lightweight lotus with crazy torque steer into 3rd and up to 150 mph lickety split. The handling feels very on par with the LoLo though, I must say. 300 is my goal for a daily driver.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I do love the midrange power but I'm used to the lightweight lotus with crazy torque steer into 3rd and up to 150 mph lickety split. The handling feels very on par with the LoLo though, I must say. 300 is my goal for a daily driver.
Yeah I miss that low to midrange power that I lost when I put a Garrett turbo on but having it pull hard all the way to 7k is worth it

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #168
Yeah I miss that low to midrange power that I lost when I put a Garrett turbo on but having it pull hard all the way to 7k is worth it
This may sound strange but did you pick up any MPG down low at light throttle? I'm thinking that if there is no boost down low and less exhaust restriction from the larger turbo, might help MPG when I'm not beating it like it owes me money.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
This may sound strange but did you pick up any MPG down low at light throttle? I'm thinking that if there is no boost down low and less exhaust restriction from the larger turbo, might help MPG when I'm not beating it like it owes me money.
Doesn’t sound strange at all. I picked up 3 mpg average putting the bigger turbo on.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #172
I love it. No regrets at all. But driving it normally around town staying out of boost, you’re gonna get left at the stop light by everything other than the 50cc scooters lol
So it will exactly like the NA 1.6 when it was in there back then. LoL. If I'm feeling froggy, I just have to keep it above what rpm to make sure mr turbo is ready for action? I'm surprised someone hasn't done what volvo did with there 2.0 polestar motor making 316hp emission legal. It has a supercharger and two turbos.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
So it will exactly like the NA 1.6 when it was in there back then. LoL. If I'm feeling froggy, I just have to keep it above what rpm to make sure mr turbo is ready for action? I'm surprised someone hasn't done what volvo did with there 2.0 polestar motor making 316hp emission legal. It has a supercharger and two turbos.
Depends what turbo but for mine (2860) it’s pretty dead below 4k but if you’re feeling real frisky you’ll want to keep it at 4500 or more

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I went s280 and I like it a lot around town it can drive like a stock FiST until you lay into and then at2800-3k it starts to pull like a freight train all the way to redline. I am at 284hp and 284 ft lbs tq on pump gas 91 with e30 i saw damn near 300 whp and 340ft tq with just adding bigger injectors on the e30 I could pick up 30-40 dyno proven hp per my tuners testing. That’s pretty insane for these little cars, 330whp and at least 340 probably more like 350-360 ft lbs tq?
lol

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I went s280 and I like it a lot around town it can drive like a stock FiST until you lay into and then at2800-3k it starts to pull like a freight train all the way to redline. I am at 284hp and 284 ft lbs tq on pump gas 91 with e30 i saw damn near 300 whp and 340ft tq with just adding bigger injectors on the e30 I could pick up 30-40 dyno proven hp per my tuners testing. That’s pretty insane for these little cars, 330whp and at least 340 probably more like 350-360 ft lbs tq?
lol
I can't imagine what 340 ft lbs of torque feels like! My car feels so torquey on a stage 1 E30 tune at probably less than 250 ft lbs of torque. I'm sure tires become very important when you have that much torque

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I can't imagine what 340 ft lbs of torque feels like! My car feels so torquey on a stage 1 E30 tune at probably less than 250 ft lbs of torque. I'm sure tires become very important when you have that much torque
It pulls like a rabid animal. Oh and ya 200TW tires are pretty much a requirement :ROFLMAO:

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #178
lol
Do you have the upgraded high pressure fuel pump as well?

kevinatfms

Dont know what a Stage 1 E30 tune is but most E30 tunes run between 270-300wtq on the dyno. If you are missing the intercooler, grab one and get a revised E30 tune. You wont be disappointed.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dont know what a Stage 1 E30 tune is but most E30 tunes run between 270-300wtq on the dyno. If you are missing the intercooler, grab one and get a revised E30 tune. You wont be disappointed.
By stage 1 I mean I don't have any major hardware mods (intercooler or radiator). Right now I'm pretty happy with my current performance, but someday I'll definitely want more lol