Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Continuing my sedan ST build here from the new member post. I am not the first.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #121
I repaired that module, repaired the drivers seatbelt, replaced 2 airbags and a front crash sensor. Crossed my fingers and the light went out. However once I passed my salvage state inspection I ripped it all back out anyways.
Did you get a code for the front crash sensor? I had a code for the driver pretensioner and the driver knee bag. I replaced both and those codes are gone now. I just have the B1193 and B00A0 codes to get rid of.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Did you get a code for the front crash sensor? I had a code for the driver pretensioner and the driver knee bag. I replaced both and those codes are gone now. I just have the B1193 and B00A0 codes to get rid of.
I never actually had to check codes - I replaced everything that I thought was bad and the light went out. I have stacks of stock parts btw if you ever need anything for cheap.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #123
The next challenge is the rear lights. The sedan has a combination brake/turn bulbs while the ST has separate amber turn and red brake bulbs.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #125
I think the obvious answer is to fit the ST lights to the Sedan. Just a little bondo and some can-do attitude.
I like how you think but this time I will probably go with a 3 to 2 wire trailer wire conversion kit. I should be driving this baby as soon as I get my parts from Ron at Whoosh. I'm waiting on my brake lines and radiator. If the rad is too wide for me to connect the sedan's condenser then I will have to get one of those as well. The things I think about at 1am, geeze.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #127
I installed the backup camera to the trunk lid of the sedan from the ST. I tried to offset it from center just the way it was in the ST. I had to cut an odd shaped hole. The first pic is the ST camera mount. I transferred this shape to a piece of paper and used that cutout to mark the sedan trim piece. Not sure I explained it right.
1651751786741.png 1651751735003.png

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #129
What's the weight on the door jam for the sedan? I looked at my ST's recently... number escapes me at the moment. I think it was like 1900 front and 1800 rear?
The sedan sticker says 1850 front and 1800 rear. With that said, I looked up actual curb weight and I came back with 2011 Fiesta sedan at 2,578lbs versus 2019 Fiesta ST at 2720lbs. The sedan weighs 142lbs less so I should be quicker then a stock ST.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #130
I didn't take pictures but I installed my Whoosh braided brake lines and the clutch master cylinder pressure line that was leaking. This allowed me to bleed the clutch and brake system. Also, using the wiring diagrams from both the 11 sedan and 19 ST, I began splicing the two wire harnesses together. In addition, I installed the "reset/repaired" air bag ECU and all warning lights are out on the dash. All codes cleared in every module. I'm just waiting on a radiator and then possibly will need a new condenser.

The sedan sticker says 1850 front and 1800 rear. With that said, I looked up actual curb weight and I came back with 2011 Fiesta sedan at 2,578lbs versus 2019 Fiesta ST at 2720lbs. The sedan weighs 142lbs less so I should be quicker then a stock ST.
Interesting, I wonder how much of that difference in weight is adding the turbo/intercooler/plumbing/piping and the larger Recaro seats.
I will be interested to see what the sedan weights with all of the ST parts bolted into it!

Thanks for keeping this going, its awesome!

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #132
Interesting, I wonder how much of that difference in weight is adding the turbo/intercooler/plumbing/piping and the larger Recaro seats.
I will be interested to see what the sedan weights with all of the ST parts bolted into it!

Thanks for keeping this going, its awesome!
I should have it weighed after I get it finished.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #133
I have been busy with work but I found time to do this today. I took off the lower grille from my 2011 sedan and fabricated a honeycomb grille to open up the air to the rad and give it an ST look. I'm waiting on my condenser before I put the rad and crashbar back on. I've finished adapting the 3 wire brake/turn/park lamps wiring through a 3 to 2 wire trailer converter so it will power the sedan combination bulbs correctly. I had to use 10w resistors to simulate bulbs on the input side of the converter so it would flash at the proper rate. It's getting there. 1653166049966.png

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was really hoping you'd put the ST bumper on and convert to the later style front, but I still think this is super cool

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #135
I was really hoping you'd put the ST bumper on and convert to the later style front, but I still think this is super cool
I may change to the newer style ST front end in the future but I'm trying to make this a semi-sleeper for now.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #136
I have been busy with work but I found time to do this today. I took off the lower grille from my 2011 sedan and fabricated a honeycomb grille to open up the air to the rad and give it an ST look. I'm waiting on my condenser before I put the rad and crashbar back on. I've finished adapting the 3 wire brake/turn/park lamps wiring through a 3 to 2 wire trailer converter so it will power the sedan combination bulbs correctly. I had to use 10w resistors to simulate bulbs on the input side of the converter so it would flash at the proper rate. It's getting there. View attachment 48869
Should I paint the impact bar gloss, semi or flat black? opinions?