Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COOLERWORX Pro Short Shifter Installation Tips & Tricks + Linkage Redesign Discussion

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I was using this inexpensive 12x1.25 eBay knob on my old setup. I liked it so much I bought a 12x1.5 tap and cut the plastic threads so it would fit on the Coolerworx. I love it.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #45
COOLERWORX is releasing a detailed write up outlining the ideal set up to prevent the linkage issue
I'll post it everywhere possible the moment I have it. Should be early next week based on my conversation early this AM
Interesting... did other people have issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is there any difference between the one for the euro cars and USDM? Looks like there's around $100 to be saved...

I undestand this shifter is a vast improvement over stock, but has any who installed the CoolerWorx shifter previsous had or tried the Boomba short shifter? Specifically the full kit with the shifter, bushings, and adaptor plate?

I have the Boomba kit, at the time they were the only company offering a kit like this (that I was awrare of). I felt the Boomba kit was amazing and worth every overpriced penny. I'm a drive train snob. I have no qualms paying to play, but I'm wondering if the CoolerWorx is so vastly superior is it worth upgrading the upgrade?

I'm extremely happy my Bomba kit but I do feel it is slightly lower than I would like, and no size/shape shift knob has fixed that for me yet. I'm not "putting up with it", I think the feel and function is excellent.

Any input would be greatly appriated!

And remember... Your opinion only counts if it confirms what I'm saying! OR It says what I want to hear! ;) lol JK

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wanna see footage of this in action with one of you fools...get out there and get some footage Quit giving us these Cutesy pics! :cool: Video Video Video!

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I undestand this shifter is a vast improvement over stock, but has any who installed the CoolerWorx shifter previsous had or tried the Boomba short shifter? Specifically the full kit with the shifter, bushings, and adaptor plate?

I have the Boomba kit, at the time they were the only company offering a kit like this (that I was awrare of). I felt the Boomba kit was amazing and worth every overpriced penny. I'm a drive train snob. I have no qualms paying to play, but I'm wondering if the CoolerWorx is so vastly superior is it worth upgrading the upgrade?

I'm extremely happy my Bomba kit but I do feel it is slightly lower than I would like, and no size/shape shift knob has fixed that for me yet. I'm not "putting up with it", I think the feel and function is excellent.

And remember... Your opinion only counts if it confirms what I'm saying! OR It says what I want to hear! ;) lol JK

I had the Boomba SS and bushings with the Mountune Quickshift. I also ran a 2.5" extension and a 4" knob. The Boomba/Mountune "feel" was great but the angle of the shifter was absolutely terrible. I have no clue why they did that. If they hadn't, I probably wouldn't have switched. I'm glad I did, though because the Coolerworx shifter is in a different league. Gear selection is less vague and on point, it's adjustable, knob location cannot be matched by any other option available, throw is shorter than my previous setup (which was the shortest available), it self centers (hard) at 3rd and 4th, which is a huge benefit for track use. If I have two complaints about the Coolerworx they're the price and 12x1.5 thread pitch for knobs. There are few options in that size. Hope this answers your questions.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #54

I also came from the boomba kit. This is in a whole ‘nother universe. You really have to drive a car with one installed to understand.

and @TyphoonFiST , I posted two videos in the original thread post. One of which is mine.

I had the Boomba SS and bushings with the Mountune Quickshift. I also ran a 2.5" extension and a 4" knob. The Boomba/Mountune "feel" was great but the angle of the shifter was absolutely terrible. I have no clue why they did that. If they hadn't, I probably wouldn't have switched. I'm glad I did, though because the Coolerworx shifter is in a different league. Gear selection is less vague and on point, it's adjustable, knob location cannot be matched by any other option available, throw is shorter than my previous setup (which was the shortest available), it self centers (hard) at 3rd and 4th, which is a huge benefit for track use. If I have two complaints about the Coolerworx they're the price and 12x1.5 thread pitch for knobs. There are few options in that size. Hope this answers your questions.
That is exactly the answer I was looking for. I appriciate the input. I agree with your opinions on the Boomba+Adaptor Plate Combo. Strange placement when they had the oportunity to put the shifter anywhere... height and angle. I'm not knocking it.

I can also garantee that not having a shifter boot will spell disaster for daily driven cars. Some sort of boot will be a must or everything I own will end up down in my center console.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #56
That is exactly the answer I was looking for. I appriciate the input. I agree with your opinions on the Boomba+Adaptor Plate Combo. Strange placement when they had the oportunity to put the shifter anywhere... height and angle. I'm not knocking it.

I can also garantee that not having a shifter boot will spell disaster for daily driven cars. Some sort of boot will be a must or everything I own will end up down in my center console.
The OEM boot can easily be adapted. I’m just choosing to not run it because I love the look and I like seeing the shifter mechanicals operate. No issues with anything falling in yet after ~5k miles of driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Did you try any of the shift handle extensions out there (or are you having a hard time finding those now as others have had in the recent past)??

It's tax season so may as well ask again. Is there any downside to getting one $100 cheaper off ebay from Europe?

Last edited:
OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #60
It's tax season so may as well ask again. Is there any downside to getting one $100 cheaper off ebay from Europe?
Nope I bought mine direct. Took ~1 month to get as they are built to order and have been selling fast. The advantage to buying from whoosh is he keeps them in stock. I paid $660 for mine during black friday. The conversion rate from EURO to USD is advantageous right now.