Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coolerworx PRO Short Shifter Kit

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’m still using a first gen Coolerworx. It’s awesome! Just set the limits correctly and it’ll be fine forever. Enjoy!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I thoroughly enjoy my Boomba Short Shifter (not adapter, which goes under the hood). It was easy to install. Slightly tedious, but easy. I like that the knob is closer to my leg.
I just got a New shift know from the facebook group. went from 2.5 oz to 12.6 oz. and a little taller too. ,Man is it closer than ever. and the throws are a little smoother.

OP
benkats
Thread Starter #23
Boomba Short throw shifter assesembly* Out of all the adapters and shift assemblies. Theirs is the best. But if you get an adapter get the Mountune. Not notchy at all.
The issue I've seen with the Boomba is that it's tilted towards the driver, which I don't like. I did end up picking the mountune kit.

OP
benkats
Thread Starter #24
I’m still using a first gen Coolerworx. It’s awesome! Just set the limits correctly and it’ll be fine forever. Enjoy!
Ended up cancelling the Coolerworx in favor of the Mountune shift kit. I just don't think the coolerworx is something that I need at the moment in terms of what the car is used for, but that's not to say I won't buy one down the line. I think their assemblies are very very cool.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ended up cancelling the Coolerworx in favor of the Mountune shift kit. I just don't think the coolerworx is something that I need at the moment in terms of what the car is used for, but that's not to say I won't buy one down the line. I think their assemblies are very very cool.
It also does NOT look 'out of place' at all in Woods247's ride, since he has a semi-gutted interior, with racing shell seats, a roll bar, harnesses, and an aftermarket steering wheel with quick disconnect. [wink] [thumb]

OP
benkats
Thread Starter #26
It also does NOT look 'out of place' at all in Woods247's ride, since he has a semi-gutted interior, with racing shell seats, a roll bar, harnesses, and an aftermarket steering wheel with quick disconnect. [wink] [thumb]
I’m aware of his build. I’m confused, did I mention anywhere that it would look out of place?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I’m aware of his build. I’m confused, did I mention anywhere that it would look out of place?
No, you did not mention that at all.

It is just my own personal hangup, and my concern with the discordance about having a full race appearing item in the interior along with factory seats (even the 'racier' Recaros), and big factory airbag steering wheel, that's all.

If I personally were ever to consider installing this shifter, (or a sequential for that matter, but then it becomes un-streetable anyway), it would only be after at least race style recliner aftermarket seats (if not full race/rally shells), and a suede covered, Sparco, Personal, or OMP steering wheel. [wink]

Last edited: