Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Covid mileage on your car?

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
No work changes at all. 4 days x 18mi rnd trip = 72 miles week just for work. Not much above that. Any store is 4 miles away. ANY. And I take the Mazda 5 to dump recycling 2 mi away or get things on marketplace or clist. I bought it with 185 Memorial weekend 2019. I'm closing in on 7k finally.

Last service was March 16th, 114.3 miles accrued since quarantining, all of it was "fun runs". But to be honest I have a Lincoln town car & Nissan for daily duties.

Se7eN

Well I don't really know exact millage but, first full tank of gas I got in March 13th-15th there about lasted 1 month. Didn't have to go to work cause of health license, after that just started to work from home until half way through May got the call to go back to the office. It's only 6 miles total drive to there and back. Only time I've traveled "far" is to the in laws house and that's under 100 mile round trip and sometimes we use the wife's car. So I'm pretty sure its run less than 2,000 miles.

Very recent almost everything started opening so we've traveled a bit more, but from the looks of it we are gonna be locked back down starting today.

SPhilli911

I've maybe done 500 miles since March since I am allowed to work remotely now and I only go visit my parents (safely) and go to the grocery store nearby. I thought I would drive more for fun on weekends, but that's not really happening.

Been using this time while my car is stationary to do work on it. I've replaced all the brake pads and rotors, installed a new intake, installed Bilstein B8 dampers/ Mountune sport springs, put in a Boomba 50/50 BOV (which I may remove already) and I've also completely buffed and waxed the car for the first time since I bought it.

I work in construction so the miles have not stopped accruing, and the current job site is 45 miles from my house, so about 450 miles per week.

Bought my ST in September and it's now at around 19,500 miles. Hopefully the next project is a lot closer!

TemecFist

The roads are pretty much shut down. Why would we not be driving our cars? Now is the perfect time!

Btw, I've put 0 miles on the Fiesta since the lockdown. Not because if Covid, but because all the track events have been cancelled, and because of a shitty dealership. I'm driving the crap out of my other cars tho. Lol

Put a bunch road tripping down to the octane academy in early march. Since then not much. Maybe 500

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Been using this time while my car is stationary to do work on it. I've replaced all the brake pads and rotors
What did you go with for these?

I need brakes soon (27K miles on the factory setup, and inspection is in a month), and I am trying to decide between just replacement (but upgraded) stuff, or one of the fixed caliper, 'BBK' setups which will absolutely fit under 15" wheels (Ron's, or O.D.D, Racing's gravel rally spec Wilwood kit), which all in all, are not all that much more coin than premium OEM replacement parts.

SPhilli911

What did you go with for these?

I need brakes soon (27K miles on the factory setup, and inspection is in a month), and I am trying to decide between just replacement (but upgraded) stuff, or one of the fixed caliper, 'BBK' setups which will absolutely fit under 15" wheels (Ron's, or O.D.D, Racing's gravel rally spec Wilwood kit), which all in all, are not all that much more coin than premium OEM replacement parts.
I went for OEM replacements for rotors and rear pads but Hawk HPS pads up front.

Less than 500 miles (it's a weekend drive anyway); got a few bucks back from the insurance company and bought some pizzas.

My ST has been on a battery tender for most of the current unpleasantness. I may have put a few hundred miles on it if that. I ride a motorcycle for my 9-5 job, and mostly use the Fiesta for my weekend gig as a museum tour guide in Downtown L.A. But, the museum is shut down. It reopened for, I think a week and a half, then had to shut back down. Then, I got the stupid COVID virus. I will tell you, this thing is real. It messed me up. I'm just getting back to driving, but have been using my wife's slushbox Honda until I can get my hands and feet to start talking to each other well enough to shift a car again.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Make sure that you have yourself FULLY checked out once it is feasible, since this 'hoax' <-LOFL has been known to leave some nasty PERMANENT damage to the cardiovascular-pulmonary systems. [:(]

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I've been driving it quite a bit during this time of lockdown, mostly just to get out of the house. About every other day I take a long drive out into the country with my dog and listen to music, it's been a nice escape from worrying about the virus. I also think it's really important for a car to be driven regularly, so even though I haven't been using it for errands much, it's had a pretty normal amount of miles put on it.
Same here! Evening drives are my form of therapy