Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cracked camshaft?

OP
C
Thread Starter #41
Well..Ford Customer Service is treating this like it's not an issue. They call every few days to tell me nothing other than to remind me that the Lemon Law does not apply. I have escalated again and I'm awaiting a call today or tomorrow from them then I'll escalated again until I can get out from under this thing. They have no resolution at this point and are blaiming the "Ford Hotline" for the delay. It's all being handled the wrong way. At this point I have advised that I do not wish to pick the car back up and that waiting for a "Hotline" is unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
Well..Ford Customer Service is treating this like it's not an issue. They call every few days to tell me nothing other than to remind me that the Lemon Law does not apply. I have escalated again and I'm awaiting a call today or tomorrow from them then I'll escalated again until I can get out from under this thing. They have no resolution at this point and are blaiming the "Ford Hotline" for the delay. It's all being handled the wrong way. At this point I have advised that I do not wish to pick the car back up and that waiting for a "Hotline" is unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thats not acceptable. Have you contacted the better business bureau?

A warped cylinder head can crack the cams on an overhead cam engine. When that happens it's typically in the center of the cam. As for what would warp a cylinder head, that is dead easy - HEAT. Note, a major indicator for a warped cylinder head is a leaking head gasket.

Here we have an engine with a history of running hot and now showing what can happen when it's run too hot for too long.

IMO the dealer, and Ford are attempting to cover up/mis-report the true cause for this chain of events because that cause extends well into the time period when the powertrain was covered under the factory warranty. I will also note that from what I've seen that dealership is terrible. Don't care if you bought 20 cars from them I wouldn't trust that dealership to rotate my tires.

In your case I would find who actually owns that dealer ship, find out where their home office was located, and insist on seeing the owner. If he won't talk to you then file a lawsuit against him for the cost of having both engine, radiator, and transmission replaced. I would also call the local TV news help line and see if you can prod them into action.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
They torqued the cam caps in improper order I would bet. I've seen it numerous times in the motorcycle world. That or loosened as has been said.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Youre honestly gping to habe to lawyer up and fight the dealer. And whatever tech was working on your car needs to be shitcanned and blacklisted.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Find an honest dealer, IF you can.......how many times will you let them screw you and Ford? Sounds like most dealers service.....bunch of beginners making low pay and don't give a funk cause the Chevy or any other dealer will hire them when they get fired or quit. I have NEVER in 50 years had a dealership provide decent service. My FiST saw the dealer ONE time and it took 9 days to replace the Sync 3 board and replace roof weather seals. They hooned the hell out of my car while they had it and the roof weather seals they replaced were blowing in the wind on the way home.....seems they forgot to put adhesive on them or clean the tracks......had to fix it myself!

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I feel lucky, had engine replaced at 8,000 and have yet to find anything out of place during turbo swap or routine maintenance.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts