Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cracked Transmission Housing

Hi all,

Unfortunately, it appears a combination of my sticky tires, an over-torqued bolt with no anti-seize, and the poor design of my RMM caused the threaded extrusion on the transmission to crack. I was able to find what appears to be the replacement housing on the ford site, but the Part number seems extremely generic. Does anyone know the full part numbers for our transmission or can look up the full part numbers? C1BZ-7005-A says it fits the 6 speed manual in a fiesta, however, there is also an AV6Z-7005-A code that also shows as fitting. Of course, neither parts on any site seem to show the part individually.
The part number is 7005A
Exploded_Tran_IB6.png
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/case-assy-transaxle-6420571-1#sectionId:141074914
Any help is greatly appreciated!

xxiaze

I would ask @TDavis I believe he is a parts guy at Ford. He can probably search more accurately for you. Hope that’s help, cheers.
Hi all,

Unfortunately, it appears a combination of my sticky tires, an over-torqued bolt with no anti-seize, and the poor design of my RMM caused the threaded extrusion on the transmission to crack. I was able to find what appears to be the replacement housing on the ford site, but the Part number seems extremely generic. Does anyone know the full part numbers for our transmission or can look up the full part numbers? C1BZ-7005-A says it fits the 6 speed manual in a fiesta, however, there is also an AV6Z-7005-A code that also shows as fitting. Of course, neither parts on any site seem to show the part individually.
The part number is 7005A
View attachment 30607
https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/case-assy-transaxle-6420571-1#sectionId:141074914
Any help is greatly appreciated!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The C1BZ-7005-A is the "7005A" number in the picture. The AV6Z-7005-A is the "7005B" number in the picture. There are separate numbers because you can get different pieces of the housing.

The part# for the whole housing is the "7002" number, C1BZ-7002-C. Which is the entire transmission

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
The C1BZ-7005-A is the "7005A" number in the picture. The AV6Z-7005-A is the "7005B" number in the picture. There are separate numbers because you can get different pieces of the housing.

The part# for the whole housing is the "7002" number, C1BZ-7002-C. Which is the entire transmission
Thank you for the help! Going to order it today, hopefully, it's not back-ordered.