Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Crossmember Clearance Issue

Quick question for everyone, having a bit of an issue with clearance on my exhaust and the crossmember brace in the middle of the car. It's not touching normally but in low rpm just engaging first gear it will hit and rattles. My question is if i put a set of washers in between the frame and the brace, like 1-2mm at most, am I going to have issues? or would I be better off trying something like the TB-performance brace?

Thanks!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I am running a washer or two on mine for over a year now with NO issues.. though the TB unit is a fine unit too

OP
VAFiST
Thread Starter #3
Awesome, thanks Rodmoe! It was rattle city in the cold morning today on the way to work. I'll give the washers a try tonight.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Also I recall having to adjust my exhaust so it was twisted up and away from the brace then tightend as per Joe at 2J and also did the Zip tie wrap of the soft factory rubber hanger and replace one or two with harder rubber units I had laying around from a old Acura track rat I used to have.. (the zip tie trick is two aroune the outer side the long way around and the one in the middle to hold those two inplace.) cheap easy fix in a pinch and still working a year later .. Caution when or if you twist to load the pipe you may need to readjust the rear tips too I am not sure which exhaust you have again so yours may be different than mine was..

OP
VAFiST
Thread Starter #5
I'll probably try the zip ties just like you said in conjunction with the washers. Unfortunately my adjustments are limited with the whole thing being flanges vs slip fit. I am using stiffer hangers as well, it's killing me haha.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Like Rod I have spacers, no worries:)

And I have Cobb hangers, once my new DP is done I will see if I need to do any more mods to the setup.

I might build my own tubular cross member, been considering it.

Does anyone happen to know what the torque spec for the bolts on the factory cross member is?