Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CRY FOR HELP!!!

Siscojr58

Hey Fam, so I originally bought a used 2017 Fiesta St with 23,000 on it back in November 2018. Gave her a pretty good test run, made sure everything was working properly and went for it. She's been a great car so far EXCEPT the overheating. It didn't start until the weather started getting hotter here in Texas. At first it started in no more than 85°f with the A/C on in stop and go traffic. I noticed from having no boost whatsoever and was 1 square from overheating completely, and without any warning. No lights came on giving me the heads up, and the fan was doing it's job too. So I gave it a rest and was completely fine after that. It's been happening to me here and there but I don't want to be paying for a car that isn't gonna everything I need it to. I love my ST, but I hate the problems!!!

What's worse is that I've taken it to 2 different dealerships a total of 3 times to see if either of them could find the issue. The first dealership was a waste if my time. The second dealership actually saw the overheating got themselves the next day after dropping it off, and assured me that they would get to the bottom of it, but apparently Ford knows about the issue and that there's really nothing that they can do about it???? I've done what anyone would've done and got a coolant flush done to it, and thermostat is working properly. Fans as well.

I've read a ton of other forums about the same issue. I've even looked into the recall for the overheating on the Fiesta, my particular Vin/car wasn't selected for any recall so even they were puzzled. If anyone can pass my some advise to hello get rid of this overheating issues, that would be great.

I'm looking into doing the lemon law process but if I don't have to then even better for me!!

Thanks a bunch!!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran

There is plenty of good information on our forums.
I am not sure, but I don't believe the lemon law applies to used cars.
Good Luck

Dave

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My guess is that they might put a 180 degree Thermostat into it.....Do a head gasket test....etc.....another thing that comes to mind do you have an AP3? a Tuner can install a different tune into the car and have the Radiator fans come on earlier also to see if that helps.

Dib

yeah, it's unfortunate. before my cooling mods my Fist would overheat any time i was idling more than 15min during the summer. even when it was in the shade. I invested in the mountune rad, mishi oild cooler and low temp thermostat, haven't had any issues whatsoever since. i think the highest temp i've seen since the upgrade are 225 coolant 240 oil. and that was when i was getting at it in the summer heat. i'm leaning towards those big hood vents to help with air flow for an even better Arizona Defense.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
As it has been stated. Lemon Law does not apply to used vehicles.

Also the cooling system on the Fiesta ST is a known weak point of the car. It doesn't like to sit and idle in high heat / high humidity. I installed a radiator at 800 miles. Never had an issue.

OP
S

Siscojr58

Thread Starter #7
yeah, it's unfortunate. before my cooling mods my Fist would overheat any time i was idling more than 15min during the summer. even when it was in the shade. I invested in the mountune rad, mishi oild cooler and low temp thermostat, haven't had any issues whatsoever since. i think the highest temp i've seen since the upgrade are 225 coolant 240 oil. and that was when i was getting at it in the summer heat. i'm leaning towards those big hood vents to help with air flow for an even better Arizona Defense.
I appreciate it boss. It's gonna be a while before I can even get those parts in my hands. My best bet is to wait till warranty runs out, or hope it blows up before then [emoji23] I'd be interested in looking at your build for preference!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Dib

I appreciate it boss. It's gonna be a while before I can even get those parts in my hands. My best bet is to wait till warranty runs out, or hope it blows up before then [emoji23] I'd be interested in looking at your build for preference!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, i am a little bid unavailable at the moment, being that I'm at in afghanistan. But when I get back home in December I plan on throwing in a bigger turbo so i'll do a build thread then. I'm pretty sure you could get away with just the radiator upgrade, i did the thermostat and oil cooler just for extra protection.