Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom car grills

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #62
No...its the stock grill....it was the easiest material to work with....just gonna iron out the details and figure out the best way to mount it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #65
This was the First trial fitment and it fit fairly well considering it was conceived off the lower grill design and size.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
The Plastic Diamond XXL Mesh looks like it might be a closer match to the upper grill. Did you consider it, or was the fact that it's ABS plastic kill that option?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #67
The Plastic Diamond XXL Mesh looks like it might be a closer match to the upper grill. Did you consider it, or was the fact that it's ABS plastic kill that option?
That was what Matt the designer and I decided on....some grills are harder to work with than others. This was what we felt was a good option to try first.

Last edited:
OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #69
looks good man, wish it could go without the stock one

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I haven't decided yet on mounting point yet.... but it's in there. It can also be mounted with 3m two sided tape as Matt has done on some vehicles. So we will see.....

While I applaud TyphoonFist's push for more options, I feel the openings in this 1st run are too big to stop damaging debris. Really liking my Zunsport lower.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #72
While I applaud TyphoonFist's push for more options, I feel the openings in this 1st run are too big to stop damaging debris. Really liking my Zunsport lower.
What the fuck is the size of damaging debris to you?The openings in the lower grill aren't even bigger than the circumference of a Bic ball point pen? That as far as I'm concerned will stop 95% of rocks unless your afraid of sand pebbles. Did you notice this is a prototype? And that the grill most likely would be offered in a couple of choices rather than just one choice like shit that says Zunesport on it.

Last edited:
How do people feel about taking off their bumper and securing it from the back? Or utilizing 3m tape and installing the grill as shown here? Taking opinions now...

View: https://youtu.be/C_Km1l13J8I

I'd rather take the bumper off and get a better secure method then 3m tape. the tape just doesnt seem clean enough

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

What the fuck is the size of damaging debris to you?The openings in the lower grill aren't even bigger than the circumference of a Bic ball point pen? That as far as I'm concerned will stop 95% of rocks unless your afraid of sand pebbles. Did you notice this is a prototype? And that the grill most likely would be offered in a couple of choices rather than just one choice like shit that says Zunesport on it.

Sensitive much?[poke] Like I said, props to forging ahead and working with vendors to get more options for us enthusiasts(y). The pics you posted teasing just the outer edge revealed pretty large openings. That's all I was sayin.

Erick_V

I wouldn't mind removing the bumper for install. 2 small tabs on the top and 2 small tabs on the bottom to attach it to the bumper via nut/bolt/something would be more than enough to keep it on. I wouldn't feel comfortable with only 3m tape. 4 small holes would be a lot less noticeable than possible peeled clear coat, our paint isn't that great to begin with