Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom Centre Cap Covers

Taz

I've bought some genuine Ford centre caps to replace my originals, with the intention to replace their covers with a custom cover like THIS. Problem is getting the original covers off without damaging the actual cap itself. Anyone got any advice on how to get the original covers off the caps, 'cause they're rock solid.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
No advice on removing the gel covers. I went the cheaper way, aliexpress and bought some with the ST logo. A LOT less expensive. I did stick them over the factory gels even though they are convex. You CAN buy flat center caps there, or ebay and put your chosen gel stickers on them. On ali, you can get WRC vinyl decals, SKODA caps, union jack flag, etc.

Last edited:
OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #3
No advice on removing the gel covers. I went the cheaper way, aliexpress and bought some with the ST logo. A LOT less expensive. I did stick them over the factory gels even though they are convex. You CAN buy flat center caps there, or ebay and put your chosen gel stickers on them. On ali, you can get WRC vinyl decals, SKODA caps, union jack flag, etc.
Etsy does similar caps, but I wasn't sure how strong they are. I didn't want them coming loose and popping off, especially whilst I'm driving. However, I found the official caps to only be £9 for the set, so it wasn't that big a deal. As a matter of fact, the gel replacement tops were more expensive than the caps were!

I eventually managed to get the covers off with a set of sharp tweezers, but it was one hell of a struggle. It appears that they're either tin or tin like plastic held on with sticky rubber underneath. The sticky rubber is proving even more bothersome to remove. From what I can tell from the Net and after measuring them the caps are approx. 53 or 54mm wide, so I went for the only option and that was 54mm.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have used these gel badges before.
I even have a set of the same red Ford logos you plan to use for my car.
They are designed to simply stick on top of the existing OEM badge.
All you need to do is clean the OEM badge with isopropyl alcohol and stick.