Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cylinder head temp sensor

I have replaced my 1.6 ecoboost engine with a same one of a ford kuga, since the old one failed, and I saw that the Kuga engine is equipped with cylinder head temp sensor, which doesn’t exist on fiesta or focus. Part number is 5219027. I wonder if there was a way to make it work with the car... Last engine failed without ever seen the temperature to climb, although the head gasket failed. This happened because all the water boiled and simultaneously the oiled passed into water and filled the sensor fitted after the recall, with foam (water and oil). See part 6G004 low on the attached photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have replaced my 1.6 ecoboost engine with a same one of a ford kuga, since the old one failed, and I saw that the Kuga engine is equipped with cylinder head temp sensor, which doesn’t exist on fiesta or focus. Part number is 5219027. I wonder if there was a way to make it work with the car... Last engine failed without ever seen the temperature to climb, although the head gasket failed. This happened because all the water boiled and simultaneously the oiled passed into water and filled the sensor fitted after the recall, with foam (water and oil). See part 6G004 low on the attached photo.
I will say NOPE* it requires a reconfiguration of the ECM programming. Just put a plug in the hole and forget about it.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Gauge kit should include a sensor.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=temperature+sensor+gauge+kit
Just have to find an optimal location for mounting that sensor and gauge.
I attached a cut-off wheel to my compressor, bought some metal ducting from the hardware store, cut and bent the metal into a mounting bracket for my AEM AFR Gauge.