Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dashcam hardwiring help

Hey everybody. I bought a rexing V1 and bought this hardwire kit:

Rexing Mini-USB Hardwire Kit for Rexing V1P 3rd Generation, V1P Pro, V2 Dash Cams https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07H7TTDCL

I put on an add a fuse to it and used the fuse slot for the front windshield wipers. Plugged everything up and turned on my car and the wipers work but the camera won’t turn on. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s a bad hardwire kit.

I was thinking of purchasing the smart hardwire kit:

Rexing Mini-USB Hardwire Kit for V1, V1P, V1 3rd Gen Dash Cams https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01LXC2329

and to add a fuse to that, but it has an extra wire to use parking mode. I didn’t really need that so would it still work if I didn’t plug it in? Or if there’s any better hardwire kits I could purchase?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Plug the cam in via the cigarette lighter adapter to see if it works. If yes, could be an issue with the hardwire. If you have a mobile phone or something that uses that usb plug, you can try to plug that in to see if you're getting power. If not, check your ground and fuse.

DEss

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Plug the cam in via the cigarette lighter adapter to see if it works. If yes, could be an issue with the hardwire. If you have a mobile phone or something that uses that usb plug, you can try to plug that in to see if you're getting power. If not, check your ground and fuse.

DEss
Everything works with the cigarette lighter adapter and tested my fuses and everything seems to be good. I think I’m gonna try to buy another one and see