Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Data logging

Trader history for STeeze (0)

Thinking of pulling a trigger on a dizzy stage 2 tune very soon, but wanted to verify if 3rd fear data logs would suffice for the review process?

I simply don’t have the room where I live for 4th gears logs and also don’t want to risk getting a hefty ticket.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You are going to NEED room to data log....Just about all tuners require you to do 3rd or 4th gear logs all the way to almost redline to get a good Data log of the vehicles performance to adjust the tune properly. I drive like 15 min away from my house near a small Airport that has a great flat road to do all my Data logging also!

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
You are going to NEED room to data log....Just about all tuners require you to do 3rd or 4th gear logs all the way to almost redline to get a good Data log of the vehicles performance to adjust the tune properly. I drive like 15 min away from my house near a small Airport that has a great flat road to do all my Data logging also!
Thanks! And yeah I’ve done 3rd gear logs for my stratified tune. Just wondering if they would work for dizzy?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I had to do the same to be safe. 3rd gear was fine. I'd have to drive even further away to find a safe place for a 4th gear haul

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Most tuners wanna see the vital signs of the FiST before they start messing with the tune*
Never mind I see that dizzy includes it in the price.
I know STRATIFIED charges extra for it on their regular tune. Didn't realize dizzy doesn't charge extra.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thinking of pulling a trigger on a dizzy stage 2 tune very soon, but wanted to verify if 3rd fear data logs would suffice for the review process?

I simply don’t have the room where I live for 4th gears logs and also don’t want to risk getting a hefty ticket.
Keep in mind with a stock turbo, there isn't too much of a point to do any custom tuning, Dizzy is a very solid and safe flash tune, and almost every tuner asks for 3rd gear pulls, and so it's just a quick safety review really.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Never mind I see that dizzy includes it in the price.
I know STRATIFIED charges extra for it on their regular tune. Didn't realize dizzy doesn't charge extra.
I think the difference is Dizzy is just a quick safety check and Strat will actually make adjustments for more power, etc.