Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Datalog Interpretation

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Razorlab: Logic map might be boolian algebra equations relating sensor read variables to the parameter maps, like what my logs suggest, IF CAT exceeds 109F THEN timing is retarded in increments as CAT increases further. The order of all the ECU decisions with modifiers like if, AND, OR, greater than, less than, etc. Or maybe a hierarchy set of decision trees. There must be something like this in the hard code.
I did post info about the CAT temp logic in the ECU:

Stock tune starts pulling about 1.05* at 110F CAT. (-17.50x0.060 multiplier)

Cobb Stage 1 starts pulling about 1.50* at 110F CAT. (-25.00x0.060 multiplier)

At 100F it's 0*. Like most ECU's, I would imagine it interpolates between the 100F cell and the 110F cell if your CAT falls between that. Same with 110F and 150F cells.

Iso100: my logs show total timing advance as low as 8 degrees at high RPM. Ryst posted some stock pulls with 14 degrees advance same RPM. More later, local snook calling at 4 am.
That sounds about right with a stage 1 cobb tune if it's seeing some unfavorable knock voltage. (stage 1 is what you are running correct?) The ECU can add up to 6* advance on TOP of the current base ignition timing, depending on knock sensor activity. So lets say your base timing is 8* at 5000 rpm and the ecu sees all is good, it will add up to 6* advance. You can watch this by logging ign corr. cyl1-4. This is the way the ECU does dynamic timing.

Also, if the car is over 2.0 load or 5500 rpm it will no longer use that dynamic strategy. However, you can change that in ATR.

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #22
10-4, Cobb Stage 1.

I was thinking ATR would be easier to learn if I had a master logic map for the ECU, but I am new at this.

Pulled the front cllip, too many bugs in IC face. Changing the lower grill to catch more bugs, then will run new logs and learn to post on datazap, see if CAT changes.

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #23
Posted data on datazap, see I need to learn how to create a link. Sorry about that.

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #26
http://datazap.me/u/siestarider/6?log=1&data=8

Ok, this should link to logs 6 and 8, per the Sourskittle technique (Thanks).

Log 6 Cobb Stage 1 v 104, Mountune intake, 2J DP, MBRP 3" amplifier, 93F ambient.

Log 8 same except removed grill, fog lamps, and cut hole for CAI to intake where fog lamp cover goes. Sort of like what Sekred did, but matched with left side hole so they would look same. 94F ambient.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Time for a FMIC upgrade so you can run something more than stage 1. Stage 2 and 3 have much better ignition timing and boost.

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #30
Totally agree, just trying to figure out which one? And in the meantime playing with air ducting ideas, which according to my data don't make much if any difference with stock IC. Have to give it up to Ford engineers, they did not leave any easy useful ventilation on the table.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Totally agree, just trying to figure out which one? And in the meantime playing with air ducting ideas, which according to my data don't make much if any difference with stock IC. Have to give it up to Ford engineers, they did not leave any easy useful ventilation on the table.
I'm really happy with my Airtec FMIC. Price, fitment, performance. Works great.

I'd imagine the COBB would be just as good, if not slightly better because of a slightly larger core size, at least on paper

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2441-AIRTEC-fmic-review-install-logs

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2557-Fiesta-ST-available-intercoolers-tech-thread

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'll have datalogs of the Cobb shortly, but I don't anticipate a discernable difference from the Airtec. I just looked at some logs from my commute and almost anything will be better than OEM...I really need to cover that damn hole back up in my filter box.

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #33
Well then, I will order a mishi J and collect some data to compare. Before it cools off down here and the whp is free.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Well then, I will order a mishi J and collect some data to compare. Before it cools off down here and the whp is free.
You'll have me waiting with baited breath on that one !! After I get some data with the new turbo on, I'm def going that route.

ryst

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #36
The IC will get here tomorrow, but I have to mock up a fit before ordering hoses. So keep bait refrigerated at least a week:) I love experiments. dyno85 will probably have his Cobb data first.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Actually, I won't unfortunately. My car is currently dead in the water until I get a new upstream O2 sensor.

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #38
And I am delayed because the hoses I ordered for immediate fit were not in stock. Oh, the horror.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I'll have datalogs of the Cobb shortly, but I don't anticipate a discernable difference from the Airtec. I just looked at some logs from my commute and almost anything will be better than OEM...I really need to cover that damn hole back up in my filter box.
Where did you drill the hole in your air box dyno, what direction is it facing?.

OP
S

Siestarider

Thread Starter #40
VDyno Cobb S1 w stock IC vs S1 w Cobb IC vs Cobb S3 w Cobb IC.jpg

Once I learned Cobb IC weighed 6 lbs less than Mishi j, I had to order it too. Decided to mount it first, as it came before Mishi hoses. Resumed testing today. Attached V Dyno shows mods (Mountune air box, 2J DP, MBRP, stock IC and Cobb S1v104 (log9) vs same mods with Cobb IC (log10) vs same mods inc Cobb IC flashed with S3 tune (log 16). All 93 oct.

Have not tried attachments before, hope this works.

Clearly the Cobb IC reduced IAC. I will also post the logs on the datazap thread tomorrow