Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

dead fob emergency

Also in an attempt for me to try to diagnose and help out a bit, is the car giving any response at all? Like is Sync coming on, are the amber parking lights flashing when you open the door, does the panic and door lock system work? It could be as simple as the car battery went dead, which in that case a jumpstart and then push bump could work. If not unfortunately it could mean you have a loose wire somewhere along the ignition system or your immobilizer, a piece that works in conjunction with the ignition, keys, and security system, is fried, among other things. And in this case I don't believe push starting would work anymore. This was a sort of minor issue with FiST back in 14 when they were still working out kinks in the system.

At this point, yeah call ford.

OP
F
Thread Starter #22
Also in an attempt for me to try to diagnose and help out a bit, is the car giving any response at all? Like is Sync coming on, are the amber parking lights flashing when you open the door, does the panic and door lock system work? It could be as simple as the car battery went dead, which in that case a jumpstart and then push bump could work. If not unfortunately it could mean you have a loose wire somewhere along the ignition system or your immobilizer, a piece that works in conjunction with the ignition, keys, and security system, is fried, among other things. And in this case I don't believe push starting would work anymore. This was a sort of minor issue with FiST back in 14 when they were still working out kinks in the system.

At this point, yeah call ford.
no I am currently not in possession of the fob ony the emergcy key thing. my girlfriends has the fob. because you work at ford can you tell me which part of the fob exactly is the transmitter? iv been looking up ford fob disassembly and cant find it. wen I get my fob back from my gf I want to take out the chip or w.e that starts the car so I can hold it up to the column and start it and then close it back up again without the chip and give it back to her. long story short I had a couple beers one night and shes being an incredibly overbearing 'chick' for lack of a better word lolol

*worked at a dealership a while ago* But yeah, I got you, shes just trying to protect you. As soon as you get back the whole fob, attempt to hold it up as pictured.

[URL=http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/PWPGPSRS/media/DSC_03131.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o500/PWPGPSRS/DSC_03131.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

If it still does not work, you can try to take it apart if you wish but I've never fully taken apart one myself but there should be a small RFID chip at the end of the fob.

MPA

no I am currently not in possession of the fob ony the emergcy key thing. my girlfriends has the fob. because you work at ford can you tell me which part of the fob exactly is the transmitter? iv been looking up ford fob disassembly and cant find it. wen I get my fob back from my gf I want to take out the chip or w.e that starts the car so I can hold it up to the column and start it and then close it back up again without the chip and give it back to her. long story short I had a couple beers one night and shes being an incredibly overbearing 'chick' for lack of a better word lolol
you don't need to take the fob apart - just hold it up to the spot

OP
F
Thread Starter #25
I feel u guys the point is that she wants the fob back lol so I wanna salvage the innards the make the car go and hand her back the fob and say here hun :) lolol
)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I have triple aaa wtf can they do with a push start vehicle
If you are still under warranty you should call Ford Roadside assistance for a free tow to your dealer. They can also replace the key fob under warranty.

Roadside Assistance coverage is 5 years or 60,000 miles
US: 1-800-241-3673
Canada: 1-800-665-2006

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I wish they made some kind of Manual that they could give Owners that would outline things like this...

Zormecteon

Where do you hear this? I've heard several people say this but I see no key slot.
I think there is NO key slot. Use your spare fob? It came with two. Other than that you'll have to replace the battery. If you can't get to the store to get one, you'll have to phone a friend or take a taxi.

Let see I think everyone has this wrong.He is willing to to drink and drive.He wants the fob so he can take the chip out and hand her back the fob and he can use the car whenever after that.She is protecting him and others.Get it?