Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Decat in new car

RyanM1989

Hello folks,

First time poster. I have tried doing some research anf just want to clarify some issues before doing the job.

I purchased a 2006 Fiesta ST. Engine light was on so I assumed it was an o2 sensor. Turns out there is no cat or no second o2 sensor it has been blanked off as per picture.

Now, from what I can make out I can remove the blank that is put in o2 sensor hole and insert a defouler. The defouler then connects to the o2 sensor which plugs in as normal.

A few questions

1/ Will this turn off the engine light?

2/ Can anyone recommend a good defouler?

3/ If what I am saying is correct and I do the job correctly can the vehicle pass an mot with no cat?

Thanks for help in advance

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome.
I'm not familiar with UK rules, but I'm guessing no cat means no pass.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Milltek, nice. That’s a nice piece of hardware.

Yes a defouler and putting the O2 sensor will clear the check engine light. Can’t say for the MOT though.

You could always replace the downpipe with milltek catted version if you want a MOT and check engine light fixing solution.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
What about the other questions. Would What I suggested take the EML light off?

Cheers
The cheapest way to fix all your problem's and get your MOT is replace the down pipe with a stock down pipe and O2's, stock down pipes can be had used on E-bay.