Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Diagnostic mode/Digital speedometer

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
I finally ticked over to the LED/digital speedometer and diagnostic view today to check it out... my needle speedometer works just fine, never had any issues, but the digital speedo seems to read around 70mph when I'm going 1-2 mph, and up to 99mph when I'm going 10-15 mph. Is this a common issue or does anyone know why this might be? It's basically like the needle speedo works and is accurate while the digital speedo wildly misreads and is just a funny, unusable, fast-moving number.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I finally ticked over to the LED/digital speedometer and diagnostic view today to check it out... my needle speedometer works just fine, never had any issues, but the digital speedo seems to read around 70mph when I'm going 1-2 mph, and up to 99mph when I'm going 10-15 mph. Is this a common issue or does anyone know why this might be? It's basically like the needle speedo works and is accurate while the digital speedo wildly misreads and is just a funny, unusable, fast-moving number.
How did you get to a digital speedometer?

OP
ORANGEST

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Thread Starter #3
You hold down the black stick-shaped button that's protruding from the tachometer, then press the power button once without clutch to turn on electronics, then when it says TEST or LED or beeps or something you let go of the black button on the tach. Then you keep pressing the button until you see the digital speedometer.