Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dib's Build Thread/ Cobb problems and such

OP
Dib

Dib

Thread Starter #21
ricer update. still no codes, so far about 500miles with my ghetto CV and the taping is done. it's not as sticky as I would like it to be, had to go over some of what I did earlier with superglue to make ends and corners stay down.

I actually like the way it looks, i was going to paint all of the yellow things black under the hood, because. but it kind of fits in with the gold, so maybe not.

What it looks like with the cover on for those who are curious, i don't use it

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Love your approach, does not work the first time, figure it out and get it done the second, third, whatever....

When it comes to power and power you can use most of the time, GT2560R with billet comp wheel is what I am going for and highly recommend after seeing results gained from it.

Taking out weight is my favorite mod of all time, my car is around 175lbs lighter than stock with a ton of mods and still taking more out as I can.
Wiper delete, started to do it then got busy on other things, I need to take it out and save a little more weight, it all adds up.

Quite a bit of weight can come out under the hood, some simple, some more involved.

OP
Dib

Dib

Thread Starter #26
Love your approach, does not work the first time, figure it out and get it done the second, third, whatever....

When it comes to power and power you can use most of the time, GT2560R with billet comp wheel is what I am going for and highly recommend after seeing results gained from it.

Taking out weight is my favorite mod of all time, my car is around 175lbs lighter than stock with a ton of mods and still taking more out as I can.
Wiper delete, started to do it then got busy on other things, I need to take it out and save a little more weight, it all adds up.

Quite a bit of weight can come out under the hood, some simple, some more involved.
yeah the 2560 is probably what I'm going for, DHM quickspool probably. But I have several months before I'll be able to make the purchase so I'm sure that will change a few dozen times.

Adding lightness is also my favorite mod. I've done all of the usual things, and last time I weighed it at the track it was 2650. I'm hoping that I'll eventually get it close to 2500 to get me around that 10:1 power ratio with me in the car.

I've looked a bit under the hood and I don't really see much to come out. Spending so much time on the highway I can't really get rid of the washer bottle like I normally do, but I did empty it halfway. I took out the mat under the hood, and was going to look at that foam stuff on the valve cover, but I haven't had the desire.

I have a big road trip ahead of me (~25hrs) so I'm looking into lowering options, at the moment. I'll probably wait until I need new tires to go for different rims, which will probably be in a few months.

OP
Dib

Dib

Thread Starter #27
Got some goodies in the mail from the UK. BC coils. The reason why I went with these in particular was because the website said they had camber adjustable top mounts. And they were a lot cheaper than the KW stx's even with shipping from the UK. took a chance and ordered them, come to find they're the same non adjustable BC's, oh well.

question is what are the options for fixing the camber for our car (wanting it to be as close to stock as possible camber )? I'm still waiting on the 4x100 hubs to come in before I install them giving me a bit of time to buy a fix.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Got some goodies in the mail from the UK. BC coils. The reason why I went with these in particular was because the website said they had camber adjustable top mounts. And they were a lot cheaper than the KW stx's even with shipping from the UK. took a chance and ordered them, come to find they're the same non adjustable BC's, oh well.

question is what are the options for fixing the camber for our car (wanting it to be as close to stock as possible camber )? I'm still waiting on the 4x100 hubs to come in before I install them giving me a bit of time to buy a fix.
I'm using Whiteline camber bolts at the moment. Got them from Spool Tuning. They can give you up to 1.5 degrees + or - camber. Just a simple cam bolt. I'm still dialing them in but make sure you have a tool to check camber and some toe plates to dial that in afterwards. It takes time to get it just right. Unless I'm doing it wrong, lol. Been driving on them a week. I'm at stock ride height. I'm going to recheck camber with a better tool this weekend. The right side seemed to have more - camber than the drivers side, even before adding the bolts. Every car is different. But camber bolts are one way to go.

OP
Dib

Dib

Thread Starter #29
got the hubs in, which is awesome BUT...

...how the hell do i get this part of the bearing off?

OP
Dib

Dib

Thread Starter #30
well, i guess i just bought that puller from autzone, had to modify it a little to make it able to just barely grab that lip around the bearing part. used a nylon rope to wrap around the puller and keep tension, about 45min later. the piece is finally off

fiestampg

Painting your intercooler is probably not the best idea. The paint insulates lessening the heat transfer that an intercooler provides.

OP
Dib

Dib

Thread Starter #32
Painting your intercooler is probably not the best idea. The paint insulates lessening the heat transfer that an intercooler provides.
not in any significant amount. but it does allow for the dissipation of heat more effectively when there is no airflow, which is a situation i find myself in quiet often in AZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1QL9veQaNg vid from MCM about the black intercooler

J2FoRS

Good build thread. Good read. Like your approach to things. Subbed for future fun!