Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did I break my AC?

**Resolved**

I ran into another post on another forum, but as I do not want to sign up for another, I'll ask here.

Today I installed an Injen intake. All went swimmingly, and assembled back together nicely, but now I have no AC. I went back numerous times to check vaccuum lines and connections, and cannot find anything out of the ordinary. I verified that the ac fuse is ok (the others were fine too), and even verified the clearance under the heat-shield bolt, to ensure I did not cut into any wires. The engine fans are running as well.

The other forum has a resolution of "it magically started working", but has anyone else run into this? I hate the thought of taking it to the dealer just to have them check everything, and as it worked fine before the install, I don't want to assume the compressor failed.

The worse part of it all, is that I had the windows tinted just yesterday, so rolling them down for fresh air was not an option. Instead I sat in my own stink, driving home from the gym in 80 degree weather, with nice warm air blasting at my face. Enjoy that picture!

Any advice or anyone have something similar happen?

Could be compressor. Mine failed before i even bought the car. I don't know if this is a common issue with the compressor or not though.

You're not the first person to run into this, same happened to me when I modded my stock airbox. Unhooking the radiator fan connectors was what fixed mine, and by fixed, I mean it started working within 5 minutes of me making that change. I can't say 100% that this is what the fix was, but the timing was appropriate. Most i've seen, it fixes itself. Have you done a couple of WOTs on it? I know that when I disconnected and reconnected the fan cables I did a few WOTs and on the final one it kicked on. Hope you get it worked out, as this is a fairly odd one but is happening more than I would think to be random, so there has to be an underlying cause somewhere. If you do take it to the dealer, i'm curious to know the outcome.

OP
mscuil
Thread Starter #4
So I went outside during lunch and re-seated the radiator fan connector before starting the car. Once I started it, I verified that the compressor was not engaged. I then turned on the ac and could hear the compressor engage and verified under the hood as well. 2 minutes later, cold air was blowing once again. Now I wish that I had simply tried starting the car before re-seating the fan, just to verify if that truly was the culprit. Weird. Thanks for everyone's help, and I am SO glad that the ac is working again. PS, that intake is LOUD.

Glad that "fixed" it, like I said, not 100% if that's what fixes it. Could just be a coincidence, would love to hear someone chime in that knows way more about these things than I do.

When Cobb Plano installed my Mountune short throw kit my AC stopped working. The air box is removed during install. Cobb couldn't figure out why it stopped working and told me to take it to the dealership. It started working again during the three hour drive back home. I never took it to the dealer, customer service isn't there strong suit so I don't see the point in them taking my car for the day when they won't do a thing.

OP
mscuil
Thread Starter #8
Well I shouldn't say this, but i AM glad that others have run into this issue. I thought I was losing my mind while rechecking everything. Thanks again for all the replies.