Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did my first track day, sharing my experience

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Love this car man. I really dig the splitter and skirts too. Glad you’re enjoying it!

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Id look into the many chassis braces available. Mostly the trunk brace, and the front control arm braces if you haven't already.

hit the track once again this past weekend. Kept the same set up and just concentrated on trying to get my laps times down and bettering my driving

what track did you run? I've been prepping for my first track day and live in SD about 1.5 hours south of you. Im leaning towards ROVAL at Fontana Speedway as my first track experience but Streets and Big Willow also look very fun! I just threw on a tow hook and am waiting for tires and a fresh set of pads. I have been following Speed District, OnGrid and Speed Ventures for local groups who offer public track days. Who do you run with?

OP
K
Thread Starter #29
Streets was my first real track experience, that place is pretty fun both directions. I’ve ran with both extreme speed events and speed ventures. I will never go to another extreme speed event again. They are very unorganized and it gave me headaches all day. Speed ventures was great and well organized

I also just ran again this past weekend at autoclub speedway (infield) and that is by far my favorite place yet. Much smoother tarmac and felt pretty safe (rather smooth runoffs and plenty of room on a wide track). If you have the chance I’d recommend that place. But streets is fun too. I hear Buttonwillow is high speed but I can’t give you any feedback there as I haven’t ran there

OP
K
Thread Starter #31
Thanks for the updat info! Just got new tires, waiting for pads and some time off work! can’t wait to go to autoclub speedway
Nice! Ya I plan to go back to autoclub again in August for the next infield event, mayb I’ll see you there lol.

On another note, in the later sessions after about 6-7 laps the car was getting warm (it was about 85 degrees out). So I may remove the grill and crash bar next time to see if I can get some More airflow to the radiator since that seems to be an issue for everyone tracking these cars.

Nice! Ya I plan to go back to autoclub again in August for the next infield event, mayb I’ll see you there lol.

On another note, in the later sessions after about 6-7 laps the car was getting warm (it was about 85 degrees out). So I may remove the grill and crash bar next time to see if I can get some More airflow to the radiator since that seems to be an issue for everyone tracking these cars.

I have been having similar issues. If I'm out there trying to get every last bit out of my little car I might score 2 laps then its temp is pegged. To offset this I have been shifting around 5-5.5k and that seems to help a little but I still need to keep an eye on it.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I have been having similar issues. If I'm out there trying to get every last bit out of my little car I might score 2 laps then its temp is pegged. To offset this I have been shifting around 5-5.5k and that seems to help a little but I still need to keep an eye on it.
I think ~5.5k is the way to go. If you look at most dynos, that's where the HP peaks. I have been red-lining it at the track and I think that's a mistake; I'm going to be up-shifting at ~5500 during my next HPDE event.

You may want to take the headlights out since its 2 screws and 5 mins to do.... Perhaps it will help with cooling things. just some food for thought if you haven't upgraded your radiator yet!