Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you know your Fiesta ST could.....("secret" features thread)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
What I haven’t seen here yet:

You can voice control HVAC. I believe the command is Climate Control...Set Temperature...XX°. Pretty useless since you could change it several times before you could finish by voice, but the option is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha I don’t want to even try it because I’ll be forever frustrated with it lol

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Voice control only controls my phone, usb, and radio. No hvac voice controls for me. I don't have nav either

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here's one i thought was a gremlin. On really rainy days when the front wipers are at full speed the rear one turns itself on to full as well.

Also, there's a little button on the rear headrests that tilts them forward so they clear the front seats when folding down rears.

Anyone else enjoying the quick-beep-horn-tap-prevention feature? I've never owned a car where i couldn't just lightly punch the horn for a quick beep. On these cars your have to wail on the wheel to get a short beep. so i flash now lol

Oh and the great double unlock feature. In order to unlock the hatch while in the car and it is running, you have to click the unlock button on the dash twice.

I found this out by accident, and it's probably not obscure.

We can change the volume of the SYNC voice, but only when it's speaking.

Now, directions aren't screamed at me while navigating. [:)]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Also, there's a little button on the rear headrests that tilts them forward so they clear the front seats when folding down rears.
I thought the headrests folded down so you could see out the back. :p

I found this out by accident, and it's probably not obscure.

We can change the volume of the SYNC voice, but only when it's speaking.

Now, directions aren't screamed at me while navigating. [:)]
ya i found that out by accident also. the only problem is sometimes she does not talk much and you don't get a chance to change her volume.

for people new to driving a stick, i can see how Hill Start Assist is a godsend. i can also see how people that have been driving stick for years can find it annoying. to me it's like a new technique to learn, and it's mildly annoying and sometimes it makes my starts even less smooth, but i still leave it on.

also, i wish the turn signal thing flashed 4 times instead of 3, and i really, really, REALLY wish there was a louder "click" when the turn signal is on!
I'm 100% with you on this. Today, however, I've discovered something helpful with the turn signal issue.

I didn't like how it only blinked in sets of three. This morning I found out that if I hold down the stalk halfway, it will blink for as long as I need.

So, in short, tap the stalk for a three signal burst, or hold it halfway for unlimited blinks.

You can push the stalk down till it clicks and your turn signal will continue to blink until it senses the steering wheel move in the other direction like when you are exiting a corner. It's pretty useful.

I don't understand why people are so against the hill start assist! I've been driving manual for at least 10 years now and it doesn't mess me up, confuse me, etc... I just say to myself "oh hey nice I don't roll back anymore" whenever I find myself on a hill.

Banzai

I've been driving stick for almost 40 years. The FiST is the first car I've ever driven with hill start assistant and I think it is awful. I was very happy when I discovered you could turn it off. Learn to use the clutch and/or handbrake properly.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'm 100% with you on this. Today, however, I've discovered something helpful with the turn signal issue.

I didn't like how it only blinked in sets of three. This morning I found out that if I hold down the stalk halfway, it will blink for as long as I need.

So, in short, tap the stalk for a three signal burst, or hold it halfway for unlimited blinks.
Wonder if a cheap replacement flasher relay would be louder. I remember aftermarket ones all being pretty loud

I've been driving stick for almost 40 years. The FiST is the first car I've ever driven with hill start assistant and I think it is awful. I was very happy when I discovered you could turn it off. Learn to use the clutch and/or handbrake properly.
Note to all the people that have posted in this tread to say they like the hill assist: You don't know how to drive a car.

cxwrench

Note to all the people that have posted in this tread to say they like the hill assist: You don't know how to drive a car.
I like it. I'm pretty sure I've mastered driving a manual at this point, it's been nearly 40 years, including years of racing moto, kart, and auto-x. You can piss right off.

I like it. I'm pretty sure I've mastered driving a manual at this point, it's been nearly 40 years, including years of racing moto, kart, and auto-x. You can piss right off.
Ermm, I was responding to a post that implied that people who like hill assist don't know how to drive. It was sarcasm. I use hill assist and like it.

cxwrench

Ermm, I was responding to a post that implied that people who like hill assist don't know how to drive. It was sarcasm. I use hill assist and like it.
You're might want to include something that shows your sarcasm. Maybe throw in an emoji or 3. My post is now directed at the guy before you. [twothumb]

You're might want to include something that shows your sarcasm. Maybe throw in an emoji or 3. My post is now directed at the guy before you. [twothumb]
Please direct me to the sarcasm emoji - I'm sure I may be able to use it again. [deviltail]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I don’t like it, but if it makes it easier to get people to select manual transmissions then I guess I’d call it a net-positive. Anything that lowers the barrier to entry means we’ll keep having our preferred trans available. They could easily give the ST the same aisin auto trans the Abarth uses. I kinda like that the st is manual only.