Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Disappointed by COBB ;(

Bought my COBB cbe last week... Made appointment with my mechanic to install the bad boy. Exhaust received but when we went to install it, the parts were incomplete. What gives COBB? Apparently I'm missing the"hardware package"as confirmed by one of the COBB guys I spoke to on the phone. Unfortunately, they're not the headquarters so they couldn't help me. I understand that human errors happen... But now I have to pay my mechanic for his time and nothing got done. Pretty bummed out right now.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
You didn't double-check your parts before making the appointment? Maybe it's just me, but I would never make an appointment for a parts installation without making sure all the parts were there to be installed first.

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
Lolol if I was prefect like you I would have opened the box and checked PRIOR to making any appointments.

Will someone please make a sticky thread for Mister perfect here?

With your advise I'll make sure I check my box when I purchase a PS4 BEFORE I leave best buy haha

Thanks man!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
That sucks to hear that you were missing the mounting hardware but I guess I missing something here and don't understand? Without having the necessary hardware needed to install your CBE what exactly did your mechanic charge you for?

OP
O
Thread Starter #5
That sucks to hear that you were missing the mounting hardware but I guess I missing something here and don't understand? Without having the necessary hardware needed to install your CBE what exactly did your mechanic charge you for?
Just for his time he took to deal with me when he could of been working on other vehicles. I understand. After all... It is a business. It's not like I had some shade tree mechanic.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Lolol if I was prefect like you I would have opened the box and checked PRIOR to making any appointments.

Will someone please make a sticky thread for Mister perfect here?

With your advise I'll make sure I check my box when I purchase a PS4 BEFORE I leave best buy haha

Thanks man!
That's a pretty awesome attitude. This has nothing to do with being perfect, it has to do with being smart.

Not sure what thread you think should be stickied?

Checking the box before buying might work for you in that situation, but in this situation you had already purchased. So if we want to make this a bit more accurate, you would want to check your PS4 and all of your components that you had purchased before setting up your LAN party at your friends house. If you don't and your friend blocks out time to play with you, don't be surprised if he's disappointed when you find out you didn't bring everything and have to cancel the date.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

FocusMike

They are human so mistakes happen, I have to admit sometimes I would just hand the mechanic an open box assuming everything is inside. Call their headquarters and explain the situation, maybe they can give you some discount on the next purchase.

OP
O
Thread Starter #8
They are human so mistakes happen, I have to admit sometimes I would just hand the mechanic an open box assuming everything is inside. Call their headquarters and explain the situation, maybe they can give you some discount on the next purchase.
For sure. I plan to first thing Monday so we'll see... dyn... Gotta love reading your posts. You are always so kind and nice to others in the community while racking up your post count. Good thing for you this is the internet and you get to hide behind your mouse and keyboard. You don't get to find out who's got more or less to lose ;)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
For sure. I plan to first thing Monday so we'll see... dyn... Gotta love reading your posts. You are always so kind and nice to others in the community while racking up your post count. Good thing for you this is the internet and you get to hide behind your mouse and keyboard. You don't get to find out who's got more or less to lose ;)
What are you talking about post count, and how is that relevant? I don't post on this forum nearly as much as I used to. Compare other people's post counts to mine if you're so inclined.

And what are you, 12? You are the one attacking from post #3, with completely irrelevant information and examples at that. What exactly are you expecting to accomplish with this thread? Are we supposed to cater to you or comfort you or bash Cobb?

And what, are you trying to threaten me with your final sentences? You started a thread, I left a neutral comment that clearly upset you for some reason and since then you've been lashing out. Grow up or don't post your problems on the internet. It's that easy. Making threats on the internet is a lame way to try and prove how much of a man you think you are.

I'm nicer than people give me credit for and took a ton of bashing on this site. That's just the nature of the internet. Give it time and maybe you'll end up like me too, leaving comments in threads and then getting attacked for no reason because the OP is butthurt for making poor decisions that cost himself money.

Geez.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Bought my COBB cbe last week... Made appointment with my mechanic to install the bad boy. Exhaust received but when we went to install it, the parts were incomplete. What gives COBB? Apparently I'm missing the"hardware package"as confirmed by one of the COBB guys I spoke to on the phone. Unfortunately, they're not the headquarters so they couldn't help me. I understand that human errors happen... But now I have to pay my mechanic for his time and nothing got done. Pretty bummed out right now.
Sorry to hear but I would have taken it to an exhaust shop for the CBE install instead of a mechanic. At least they'll have the mounts readily available and probably wouldn't have charged you if you wanted to wait for the missing Cobb mounts to arrive as they'll just work on the next customer.

OP
O
Thread Starter #11
What are you talking about post count, and how is that relevant? I don't post on this forum nearly as much as I used to. Compare other people's post counts to mine if you're so inclined.

And what are you, 12? You are the one attacking from post #3, with completely irrelevant information and examples at that. What exactly are you expecting to accomplish with this thread? Are we supposed to cater to you or comfort you or bash Cobb?

And what, are you trying to threaten me with your final sentences? You started a thread, I left a neutral comment that clearly upset you for some reason and since then you've been lashing out. Grow up or don't post your problems on the internet. It's that easy. Making threats on the internet is a lame way to try and prove how much of a man you think you are.

I'm nicer than people give me credit for and took a ton of bashing on this site. That's just the nature of the internet. Give it time and maybe you'll end up like me too, leaving comments in threads and then getting attacked for no reason because the OP is butthurt for making poor decisions that cost himself money.

Geez.
Meh...it's all in good fun. Sorry you got offended so easily. But you could have done without the LAN party comment although it was pretty damn funny lol. I take it all back... Didn't mean to be an ass, it's just not me. I just hope COBB tightens up. And I'm pissed at my waste of time. Don't care so much about the money just the waste of time. It is what it is. I hope you don't hate me too much dyn..

OP
O
Thread Starter #13
I agree...thanks Harvick. I'll let you all know how COBB decides to handle this one

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Cobb has been having this problem. Alot of people hae been getting incomplete packages. I for one did not get a stencil kit in my IC. NO big deal but its notn there. Some people werent getting all parts with their RMM. To be a great company you have to be on top of everything and so far Cobb has let alot of people down with incomplete orders.

OP
O
Thread Starter #15
Cobb has been having this problem. Alot of people hae been getting incomplete packages. I for one did not get a stencil kit in my IC. NO big deal but its notn there. Some people werent getting all parts with their RMM. To be a great company you have to be on top of everything and so far Cobb has let alot of people down with incomplete orders.
I remember reading the posts about the missing RMM parts. I figured they'd tighten up by now. Wow.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Meh...it's all in good fun. Sorry you got offended so easily. But you could have done without the LAN party comment although it was pretty damn funny lol. I take it all back... Didn't mean to be an ass, it's just not me. I just hope COBB tightens up. And I'm pissed at my waste of time. Don't care so much about the money just the waste of time. It is what it is. I hope you don't hate me too much dyn..
No worries because like I said-it's just the internet. I also fall into the category of people that was missing something, though it was just the stencil for my IC and I didn't plan on using one anyways so I didn't care.

The reason I check my parts is because I do my own installs and it sucks to be in the middle of installing something to find out you don't have the parts and have to un-install and throw OEM stuff back on. Been there (albeit many years ago) and done that. That and because I'm an aircraft mechanic, and most of the time you can't just take a helicopter apart without knowing you have every necessary part to put it back together.

Best of luck getting your parts and getting the exhaust installed. I'm sure you'll like it, it sounds really good.

OP
O
Thread Starter #17
No worries because like I said-it's just the internet. I also fall into the category of people that was missing something, though it was just the stencil for my IC and I didn't plan on using one anyways so I didn't care.

The reason I check my parts is because I do my own installs and it sucks to be in the middle of installing something to find out you don't have the parts and have to un-install and throw OEM stuff back on. Been there (albeit many years ago) and done that. That and because I'm an aircraft mechanic, and most of the time you can't just take a helicopter apart without knowing you have every necessary part to put it back together.

Best of luck getting your parts and getting the exhaust installed. I'm sure you'll like it, it sounds really good.
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I'll get my missing parts next week.

hmm that's too bad. Missing hardware I assume are gaskets and nuts/bolts? It would've been nice if you took it to exhaust shop and maybe they could've had some hardware

I had a few issues with an order and they did the right thing and more than made up for the mistake. Customer service top notch, warehouse not so much I guess.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Yeah, hopefully COBB will get you the hardware quickly to fix the mistake...and a simple mistake it is. I'm sure they will correct it without issue. You should also check the local FiST guys in your area and see if they may be willing to help you with the install if you decide to do it yourself.