Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Dizzy stg 2 1st and 2nd gear throttle cutting?

Trader history for The_Ryan (0)

Hi, I just switched from stratified to dizzy 93 tune, and in 1st gear, when part throttle, it starts to pull like normal then it feels like the throttle abruptly cuts until I step on the gas some more then it abruptly. comes back. It’s sort of hard to drive normally, like either I go from a stop super slow, or I go WOT. I feel it a little bit as well in 2nd gear, like a bit of a torque dip. Anyways, I plan to drive it on the tune some more before I reach out to Jason directly, maybe the tune needs time to learn/I need time to learn the tune, but wanted to see if anyone here has similar experience.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi, I just switched from stratified to dizzy 93 tune, and in 1st gear, when part throttle, it starts to pull like normal then it feels like the throttle abruptly cuts until I step on the gas some more then it abruptly. comes back. It’s sort of hard to drive normally, like either I go from a stop super slow, or I go WOT. I feel it a little bit as well in 2nd gear, like a bit of a torque dip. Anyways, I plan to drive it on the tune some more before I reach out to Jason directly, maybe the tune needs time to learn/I need time to learn the tune, but wanted to see if anyone here has similar experience.
Uninstall the Tune.....use a Cobb file or go back to stock until you get it sorted. Contact Jason ASAP so he can issue an new tune file or fix it. I wouldn't drive it on that Tune until it gets the green light.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #4
Just messaged him. Hopefully hear back soon, I really like the rest of the tune a lot more than the stratified. after 1st and sometimes 2nd the tune feels great, makes me not want to revert back

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #5
hmm. it seemed to mostly go away when I was driving today. Maybe it was the weather, but I think I was just accustomed to the more aggressive throttle mapping from my last tune and I’m starting to get used to this one.

Installed my Dizzy stg2 tune a couple nights ago. It seemed to want to lurch forward in 1st and 2nd when letting off the clutch, then have a slight reduction in power. Everything smoothed out now, and I love it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #7
Installed my Dizzy stg2 tune a couple nights ago. It seemed to want to lurch forward in 1st and 2nd when letting off the clutch, then have a slight reduction in power. Everything smoothed out now, and I love it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This sounds exactly like what I‘ve experienced. Seemed pretty smooth. I’m sending him a datalog of it soon if I can get it to happen again but I definitely didn’t notice it lately.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Mine had a secondary surge of power during acceleration for maybe 50 miles probably less than that. It settled and really smoothed out after the first day. I think it takes a few cycles for the ecu to "learn" with the new tune.

TemecFist

I had a custom tune by Dizzy, and I had all the problems you guys are stating. The car was breaking up on the top end, pulling massive timing on the low end, and lots of knock, and just felt like complete crap. I actually just abandoned the Dizzy tune and went back to using my JST tune. I didnt feel comfortable at all with it.

I had a custom tune by Dizzy, and I had all the problems you guys are stating. The car was breaking up on the top end, pulling massive timing on the low end, and lots of knock, and just felt like complete crap. I actually just abandoned the Dizzy tune and went back to using my JST tune. I didnt feel comfortable at all with it.
It sounds like you have an underlying problem. Not trying to say it is not the tune, but it is VERY unlikely. My custom base tunes are basically my Flash Tune and then I build off that. Thousands sold with no issues.

TemecFist

It sounds like you have an underlying problem. Not trying to say it is not the tune, but it is VERY unlikely. My custom base tunes are basically my Flash Tune and then I build off that. Thousands sold with no issues.
Idk, if it was an underlying issue (hard part) then I would think that would cause an issue on the other tunes as well, right?. I went back to the JST tune, and all was fine, car pulls hard. It wasnt your base tune, it was a revision. I can send you the catalogs if you like and you can take a look at them. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, so please dont take it that way. I had another person ride with me, and they agreed. The car was breaking up on the top end, especially when I got off the throttle and then back on it. It would hesitate, pull timing, and then kind of clean up. I even data logged a portion of the road course just to get some data on it. I never sent the logs back in because, tbh, it wasnt that big of a deal. Pretty much every big name (Strat, Cobb, JST, etc) has tuned the car at some point so it was just easier to switch back to my JST E3O tune and continue on.

Last edited:
Idk, if it was an underlying issue (hard part) then I would think that would cause an issue on the other tunes as well, right?. I went back to the JST tune, and all was fine, car pulls hard. It wasnt your base tune, it was a revision. I can send you the catalogs if you like and you can take a look at them. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, so please dont take it that way. I had another person ride with me, and they agreed. The car was breaking up on the top end, especially when I got off the throttle and then back on it. It would hesitate, pull timing, and then kind of clean up. I even data logged a portion of the road course just to get some data on it. I never sent the logs back in because, tbh, it wasnt that big of a deal. Pretty much every big name (Strat, Cobb, JST, etc) has tuned the car at some point so it was just easier to switch back to my JST E3O tune and continue on.
Not if the other tune was running less boost than mine. You might have a leak over 25 psi (example), so only my tune presents this problem.

TemecFist

Not if the other tune was running less boost than mine. You might have a leak over 25 psi (example), so only my tune presents this problem.
The whole system has been pressure tested up to 30 psi (that kit cost me a pretty penny, lol), but anything is possible. I'll send you the logs when I get back this weekend. Take a look and let me know what you think.

OP
The_Ryan
Thread Starter #14
My Dizzy tune was super smooth and pulls nicely at the top end. Just spirited acceleration in 1st that I noticed it, and it eventually went away.

Pretty sure my problem was my dumbass struggled to figure out the much more linear throttle vs the more aggressive throttle of my last tune.