Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy Tune Turnaround?

Hey guys, I bought a pro tune from DIzzy for my S280 and I'm still on the low boost base map since I got it installed last Tuesday. Anyone who tuned with him lately able to comment on the average turnaround time? Spent nearly $4k and I'm driving a car that is slower than it was at stage 2. Not even having my first revision at this point is generating some frustration. Thanks for any insight you can offer!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, I bought a pro tune from DIzzy for my S280 and I'm still on the low boost base map since I got it installed last Tuesday. Anyone who tuned with him lately able to comment on the average turnaround time? Spent nearly $4k and I'm driving a car that is slower than it was at stage 2. Not even having my first revision at this point is generating some frustration. Thanks for any insight you can offer!
This is when the tuners are getting busy or playing catchup. I don't think Jason has a group of minions or underlings like some of the other tuners do.Good things come with time!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
CreepyOldMan
Thread Starter #4
I sent logs last Friday, just wondering what's normal and stuff. At this rate I might be looking at midsummer before my car is dialed in unfortunately. But if that's how long it usually takes, it is what it is and I understand.

I sent logs last Friday, just wondering what's normal and stuff. At this rate I might be looking at midsummer before my car is dialed in unfortunately. But if that's how long it usually takes, it is what it is and I understand.
Average turnaround time for me was about a week per revision. I had my hybrid turbo tuned by him recently.
Earlier revisions were pretty quick but as the tune progressed the turnaround time increased slightly.
However, Jason is super quick to answer questions. He’s knowledgeable and I’m incredibly satisfied with the tune.
From Jason’s forum posts, it looks like he’s working on a new fiesta build so he might be busy 😂
Stick it out! He’s a great tuner.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
A week is typical. I seemed to always send him logs on Saturday and would have revisions the following Sunday. Remember too lots of folks spend their tax returns on car parts hence tuners are super busy this time of year.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Sorry for the delay.
I took a short vacation with my wife and am playing catch up this weekend.
vacations are important especially in current times. I look forward to your tunes once my sedan ST is on the road. I plan on big turbo very soon.

Care to summarize?
I watched it. Basically and allegedly, he was having inconsistent boost issues after an s280 install and a dizzy basemap.

Jason allegedly told him it was a mechanical problem. So, owner replaced wastegate with turbosmart 14 psi. Boost problem still there and Jason said it was mechanical.

Owner has Adam at tune plus review logs, Adam says he thinks he can fix it, owner buys s280 tune from Adam and problem gets fixed. Owner now happy, says to buy s280 tune from Adam and end of video.

Hmmm it's on the internet so it must be true! I'll keep letting Jason tune my beast of a car as he's been nothing but professional and helpful all along the way.
Yeah I’m sure both options are good, just thought I’d share because that’s the video that made me decide to go with Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to complain but I've waited up to 2 1/2 weeks for a revision. This is without me ping him in a separate email to remind him. If I do that he usually updates the revision a day or 3 later. I do understand that he is a one man team (as far as I'm aware) and has a long list of customers but I do feel like he does put my tunes on the back burner pretty often. I've just accepted it since I've already paid for it.
One thing that bothers me is the lack of explanation on questions I have. Essentially how it works is I ask a question and theorize what the solution could be. He stays quiet and does not reply and I'll wait a few days then go off my theory fix the problem then message the problems been fixed and we continue the tune.
I don't want to seem like I'm unhappy with the actual tunes he sends me. In fact I think he does a fantastic job tuning my car and I'm sure others as well. I just wish he would elaborate more in his emails or answer my questions even with just a simple yes or no. The man knows what he's doing but his people skills and communication ain't what I'd like. Then again I'm not paying him for conversation.

OP
CreepyOldMan
Thread Starter #17
After reading through some info here and elsewhere, and watching that video, went with Adam at TunePlus. Not saying anything negative about anyone else, but I appreciate the help and insight here and think I've made a good choice. I can update my experience here if anyone is interested, otherwise I'll consider this issue resolved.

Last edited:
I hate to complain but I've waited up to 2 1/2 weeks for a revision. This is without me ping him in a separate email to remind him. If I do that he usually updates the revision a day or 3 later. I do understand that he is a one man team (as far as I'm aware) and has a long list of customers but I do feel like he does put my tunes on the back burner pretty often. I've just accepted it since I've already paid for it.
One thing that bothers me is the lack of explanation on questions I have. Essentially how it works is I ask a question and theorize what the solution could be. He stays quiet and does not reply and I'll wait a few days then go off my theory fix the problem then message the problems been fixed and we continue the tune.
I don't want to seem like I'm unhappy with the actual tunes he sends me. In fact I think he does a fantastic job tuning my car and I'm sure others as well. I just wish he would elaborate more in his emails or answer my questions even with just a simple yes or no. The man knows what he's doing but his people skills and communication ain't what I'd like. Then again I'm not paying him for conversation.
I have no experience with Jason personally other than on this forum. I haven't got a tune from him yet, but once I'm done with my performance mods I plan to go stage 2 from him

But some of the most skilled people I've worked with in this industry have been absolutely horrible at communication. Yet their work is top-notch, so I don't really mind.

communication is important, but unless you're working in customer relations or sales (like I do) It's not as important as putting out an A+ product. I'd rather have a great product that takes a while than great service but a shit product. That's just me.

Patience is a virtue.

Guys I will recommend you Amely Tuned, I have installed my S280 last weekend and this week I have received 4 revisions, my turbo is delivering a consistent power band in bogota, that is located at 2600 meters height.
Interesting, not an option I've heard of! Do you rememer any pricing or other details off the top of your head? Bad timing to look since it seems like their domain just expired and their site is down (https://amelytuned.com). Happy with my Dizzy + Monster Tuned combo but tunes are cheap enough that it's fun to look around.