Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

DizzyBurb!

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

Hey all! I am working on a new burble map for the Fiesta ST. I have received a bunch of requests for something less obnoxious than the DizzyPop maps, but something that just adds a little character.

This is still a work in progress, but would love to hear your opinions!

View: https://youtu.be/PFusSNnn5lE

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey man you’re not my tuner but I’ve heard great things about your stuff. I think there’s a market for this especially with new vehicles coming from the factory with a button that turns on exhaust pops.

My input would be to have an RPM limit or a range for the extra sounds. That way if the person wanted to drive quietly or leave the house early to maybe to go to work early they wouldn’t wake everyone up or sound like Fast and Furious just leaving the neighborhood. Maybe have the additional noise come on from 3500 RPMs until red line but not before. That way the noise is there when it’s wanted but the car can also be driven in stealth mode.

it’s really refreshing to see you posting and getting input about new options for our cars. Hope this is helpful.

I have a Dizzypop tune and it's also quiet below 3K RPM, I'm sure he can adjust it to 3.5K upon request. It is a bit much though so I might jump on this! Will it be available as an add-on for existing tunes?

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Hey man you’re not my tuner but I’ve heard great things about your stuff. I think there’s a market for this especially with new vehicles coming from the factory with a button that turns on exhaust pops.

My input would be to have an RPM limit or a range for the extra sounds. That way if the person wanted to drive quietly or leave the house early to maybe to go to work early they wouldn’t wake everyone up or sound like Fast and Furious just leaving the neighborhood. Maybe have the additional noise come on from 3500 RPMs until red line but not before. That way the noise is there when it’s wanted but the car can also be driven in stealth mode.

it’s really refreshing to see you posting and getting input about new options for our cars. Hope this is helpful.
Very helpful! Thank you!

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
I have a Dizzypop tune and it's also quiet below 3K RPM, I'm sure he can adjust it to 3.5K upon request. It is a bit much though so I might jump on this! Will it be available as an add-on for existing tunes?
Absolutely! It'll be the same $20 add-on, just like DizzyPop.

Jason I just bought my 19 2 weeks ago and just got a accessport. I think that sounds good and would prefer over the previous. Once I get whoosh v1 in I’m ordering a bundle and super interested in this as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hopefully, by the time I get to come out to your shop for an in-person tune, you will have something which gives some yes, burbles, and even some defined crackles on closed throttle decel. [wink]

But loud, shotgun blast pops are out of the question for me, as much as I could actually USE them to scare the deer away from the sides of the roads around here, on those dark nights coming home in the winter.

Last edited:

Spork1569

I'm loving the way it sounds, does it still have the occasional pop on decel or would it be strictly burbles and no pops ever?

I enjoy the dizzy pop but think that might suit my style more, I like a pop every now and then when pushing the engine harder (like past 4k rpm ish) and not be too loud for the neighborhood streets

I'm really excited to hear you are releasing this!!! I just ordered 2 tunes (93 and E30) both with Dizzy Pop from you last night! I would be HIGHLY interested in converting my 93 tune to Burb and possibly the E30 map too. I'm happy to give feedback, send vids, or whatever helps on the burbs.

I picked you because of how heavily everyone recommends your tunes, but must say I was a little sad to give up another option who just started a more refined pops and burble tune. So excited you're doing this!

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hey all! I am working on a new burble map for the Fiesta ST. I have received a bunch of requests for something less obnoxious than the DizzyPop maps, but something that just adds a little character.

This is still a work in progress, but would love to hear your opinions!

View: https://youtu.be/PFusSNnn5lE
If I ordered a Stg2 OTS tune defining a 2j intake and 3" free flowing exhaust, and I went back to stock intake box, crossover, induction hose, high flow filter and stock exhaust - do I need a re-tune, or should it still be safe? I know the 2j flows like a beast, so it stood out, to me, as the thing that might make an adjustment required.

I ask, because if I am going to buy the burb upgrade and need a re-tune, might as well do it then. I already have all the other pop/crackle options from both strat and dizzy, might as well catch 'em all and play PokeTune.

xxiaze

How can it be so that on hard downshifts you get regular pop/burble and at idle just a little too... this is still obnoxious IMO. It’s way too consistent. I think the best would be just a hint of it every so often. Or would a free flowing exhaust be sufficient for that?

jeff

2000 Post Club
How can it be so that on hard downshifts you get regular pop/burble and at idle just a little too... this is still obnoxious IMO. It’s way too consistent. I think the best would be just a hint of it every so often. Or would a free flowing exhaust be sufficient for that?
from what I read Jason was working on something more consistent like you were mentioning similar to what I have on my car. Not obtrusive and sounds almost like a stock tuned feature.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yD5-zZ27A7g