Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

DizzyPop Now Available!!

Trader history for Jason@dizzytuning (0)

Dizzy Tuning is happy to now offer a "crackle" option for your Fiesta Flash Tune!!
And don't forget, the options shown below are all included FREE with your Flash Tune!

Idle RPM
Launch Cobtrol RPM
Flat Foot Shift RPM
Rev Hang on/off/custom
Shift light on/off/custom

https://youtu.be/XYqowSWbwD0

https://www.dizzytuning.com/services.html

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
UPDATE!!!

Dizzy Tuning is happy to be the first to offer adjustability, to not only the intensity of your DizzyPop feature, but also the RPM's you would like the DizzyPop feature to be enabled!

DizzyPop Intensity:
This is the intensity (or severity) of your Dizzypop option. Do you want subtle and somewhat intermittent pops from your exhaust? Maybe the Low intensity is for you. Or maybe you want loud obnoxious pops, like gunshots. Then the High intensity option is definitely for you!

DizzyPop Enablement Threshold:
This is the RPM in which your DizzyPop feature will be enabled. DizzyPop is enabled upon deceleration (lifting of the accelerator pedal), so you will hear DizzyPop ABOVE the RPM selected. Below this RPM, DizzyPop will fade away to silence.

Notes:

1) Due to data resolution in the ECU's tables, there may be additional DizzyPop noises heard within +/- 500 RPM of the selected engine RPM threshold.

2) A Dizzy Tuning Flash Tune is required to use this feature.

3) If you already have a Flash Tune, and would like to add this feature, you would only need to purchase the DizzyPop option.

4) Each purchase gets you (1) DizzyPop map file, so you may want (2) maps if you run two different fuels regularly.

5) Default settings: medium pops @ 3,000 RPM.

felopr

Would you recommend low intensity pops with the stock turboback? Just looking for something RS like but since this is my daily, i still have the turbo back.
I am guessing since the settings are in tunes-adjustments, any custom adjustments on the fly will reset to default settings every time you turn the car off right

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
Would you recommend low intensity pops with the stock turboback? Just looking for something RS like but since this is my daily, i still have the turbo back.
I am guessing since the settings are in tunes-adjustments, any custom adjustments on the fly will reset to default settings every time you turn the car off right
Yes, the low intensity would be recommended for stock exhaust, but do want to stress that long term testing is still in progress, so this is use at your own risk.

And sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but these selections are made when purchasing the tune. Then I set the tune up to your liking. This is not an on-the-fly selectable option. It is coded into the tune all the time, in every slot (if any).

felopr

Yes, the low intensity would be recommended for stock exhaust, but do want to stress that long term testing is still in progress, so this is use at your own risk.

And sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but these selections are made when purchasing the tune. Then I set the tune up to your liking. This is not an on-the-fly selectable option. It is coded into the tune all the time, in every slot (if any).
Understandable, just wanting to make sure. I might in the future try your 93 tune, just waiting for parts to get here/install first so the correct datalog is recorded for datalog refinement later. Also wanting some pops but nothing obnoxious like the stratified one, i want something RS, some pops here or there, not all the time. I might set it up higher than default, like 3.5k or 4k, dont want to hear it in light traffic or commuting but do want to if i am spirited driving thru the cannons. Thanks for the info

I don't want to scare anybody and it could just be anecdotal evidence, however both my friend and I have blown our turbos (fortunately just under warranty) and we were both running crackle tunes. Although, we do both run our cars very hard, I didn't think it would fail this early... It could also just be a case of a faulty turbo. I LOVE the pops though...makes me sad to think that I won't be able to use it again.

Edit: There are THOUSANDS of cars running these crackle tunes and they ostensibly have no issues, at least they don't post about it as I haven't found any posts relating it to turbo failure. Just trying to get insight and letting people know about my experience, and possibly Dizzy might have some input?

felopr

I don't want to scare anybody and it could just be anecdotal evidence, however both my friend and I have blown our turbos (fortunately just under warranty) and we were both running crackle tunes. Although, we do both run our cars very hard, I didn't think it would fail this early... It could also just be a case of a faulty turbo. I LOVE the pops though...makes me sad to think that I won't be able to use it again.

Edit: There are THOUSANDS of cars running these crackle tunes and they ostensibly have no issues, at least they don't post about it as I haven't found any posts relating it to turbo failure. Just trying to get insight and letting people know about my experience, and possibly Dizzy might have some input?
what did the dealer determined the fault cause?