Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

DNA Racing suspension components NOW AVAILABLE @ whoosh

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
the lower control arm upgrade will not replace a LSD unit, they will however improve handing and traction on a FWD car due to less flex within the arm itself and all the of bushings are stiffer as well.

The upper top mounts are replacements for non-adjustable top hats on budget coilovers or bilstein, koni, or stock struts

the rear beam bushings are another way to replace large soft rubber bushings with solid units to reduce flex - not really in the same area as braking components
Are the stock units that weak? They seem ok. but I cant compare tensile strength with my hands. I see it as an investment for easily serviceable parts (the bushings and ball joint)

Do the mount still use the garbage plastic bearing assembly?

I was under the impression from what it said that it would help with trail braking or hard cornering since the axle wouldnt flex as much.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
Are the stock units that weak? They seem ok. but I cant compare tensile strength with my hands. I see it as an investment for easily serviceable parts (the bushings and ball joint)

Do the mount still use the garbage plastic bearing assembly?

I was under the impression from what it said that it would help with trail braking or hard cornering since the axle wouldnt flex as much.
I'm not sure there will be track time comparisons from stock to DNA posted anytime soon but I can tell you handling and driver feedback of the road is greatly improved with a properly designed tubular control arm. I've used them on SRT-4 and my GTI

the top mount kit is a full replacement (see pictures w/ bearings included) so the stock bearing plate is not used

the rear beam bushings will reduce flex. Handling and braking would improve

Last edited:
Hi Ron!
I'm realy interested in the front arms- any chance we could get specs on the mounting spots for the various bushings? My current class allows for different control arms, but the bushing type can't change- I'm hoping they would be compatible with the stock bits so I could use my Powerflex bits. A weight comparison wold be really helpful too!
Cheers!

What that means is that in stock category you can add/remove/change only one sway bar. So on the fiesta you can remove the front or change the front or add a rear.
In street touring you can remove/change the front AND add a rear.

The real issue here is that specific part might not really count as a sway bar. It looks like it has mounting points in the middle.

What that means is that in stock category you can add/remove/change only one sway bar. So on the fiesta you can remove the front or change the front or add a rear.
In street touring you can remove/change the front AND add a rear.

The real issue here is that specific part might not really count as a sway bar. It looks like it has mounting points in the middle.
yeah it looks like a real grey area item, I mean it looks like a sway bar since it has end links. I just wanted to get other peoples opinion on it.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
stock rolling in and back out as fast as it arrives from Italy!

kevinatfms

I'm not sure there will be track time comparisons from stock to DNA posted anytime soon but I can tell you handling and driver feedback of the road is greatly improved with a properly designed tubular control arm. I've used them on SRT-4 and my GTI

the top mount kit is a full replacement (see pictures w/ bearings included) so the stock bearing plate is not used

the rear beam bushings will reduce flex. Handling and braking would improve
I have an event on Feb 9th and would be willing to detail the difference between the OE top mounts and the DNA top mounts. I need to know what size the stem thread is though so i can order these top plates.

Any insight? Any extra discount for an install + review?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Those are some booger-y welds....
Man, I wasn't going to say anything - but since a few folks already did...

Poor penetration for most of those welds and at least 25% have holes that can be seen with the photo zoomed in.

Bummer, I was considering these too.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #35
I have an event on Feb 9th and would be willing to detail the difference between the OE top mounts and the DNA top mounts. I need to know what size the stem thread is though so i can order these top plates.

Any insight? Any extra discount for an install + review?
I've been sending out both size nuts at no extra $ to avoid confusion
I appreciate the offer but there are tons of these parts out in use now on daily and track cars even the parts under scrutiny

@ron@whoosh just ordered the lower control arm kit, will I need a ball joint press to get these installed or are they already assembled?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk