Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do i have the oldest coilovers here?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
MeisterR slapped on 5/29/2016 with 5,279 miles. Currently at 88,254 miles. That's 82,975 miles in 7 years, 10 months, & 9 days. No issues.

That’s really impressive! my Meisters are only a year old with about 6000 miles and 8 track days. If yours are anything to go by they may outlive the car!

I saw a post here with a user with over 100k miles on a set of BC Racing coilovers, can't find the post anymore though.

Erick_V

I'm close. Put my BC Coilovers on in 8/2017 and have around 80k miles on them running 200tw tires the entire time. They are a little clunky and have gone a little soft as I've put 2 track days and around 200 autocross runs on them. More than likely putting my OEM suspension paired with swift springs (once I buy them) back on the car as they have 5-6k miles on them. Haven't decided if I want to rebuild these coilovers and put stiffer springs/different valving in them so they'll go in a box until I decide.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Nice to see others are wringing out every last mile from their coils! I'm pleasantly surprised mine have lasted this long. While they don't feel as buttery as they did on day one, I'm still carving off ramps with confidence :)

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
I'm close. Put my BC Coilovers on in 8/2017 and have around 80k miles on them running 200tw tires the entire time. They are a little clunky and have gone a little soft as I've put 2 track days and around 200 autocross runs on them. More than likely putting my OEM suspension paired with swift springs (once I buy them) back on the car as they have 5-6k miles on them. Haven't decided if I want to rebuild these coilovers and put stiffer springs/different valving in them so they'll go in a box until I decide.
BC is really good about replacement parts. I'm running them on my Mazda5. Those are over 10 years old and creeping up on 90k. But I've rebuilt them once already and had to replace the top hats twice.

Much harder to get replacement parts for the MRs. I reached out to him once (forget his name, Jared?) and he responded that I was better off replacing the coils with new and selling the old to recoup some costs. After some convincong he was willing but I never followed through...BC has a parts website and their techs pick up the phone.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My H & R coilovers were installed on 20 Jan 2016 but I don't have a record of the mileage. Probably over 90,000 miles with no problems. Still going strong.

@LilPartyBox Nope. There is a one off pre-production set of Eibach Pro-Street coilovers from 2014 still in the ST family
I am surprised they survived. The set I have here blew out the seal head and the shafts are both delaminated and pitted. Seemed like a pretty garbage quality damper. Plus its basically non serviceable and Eibach won't support them anymore. Pretty sure if you sent a 200K mile Bilstein back and the shaft was pitted and delaminated they would give you a new one.